In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SS Ruger Blkhwk Convertible ?

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
There was a WTB ad for one of these. I couldn't find any in the auction data base, current or past. Did Ruger make the convertible guns in stainless?

avitar.jpg
Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

crawfordsville.gif
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I know they did for the .357/9mm I am not sure about the 45acp/45LC.

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Somebody here emailed saying that the Cabela's store had one for sale for $370 + $35 shipping.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I found a stainless convertable, But they are not listed in the inventory at Ruger.... It says that 300 of the 357/9mm were made in the stainless version, and prices range from 500 to 700 bucks

eagle.gifsam.jpg
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I've only seen them in blue.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 4-7/8" stainless Blackhawk in 45LC and 45ACP. Ruger made a short production run of 'em back in the mid-90's.

It shoots like a dream...and no, it's not for sale.

Rafter-S
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rafter-S
    I have a 4-7/8" stainless Blackhawk in 45LC and 45ACP. Ruger made a short production run of 'em back in the mid-90's.

It shoots like a dream...and no, it's not for sale.

Rafter-S

45 is the caliber the man wanted. I have a blue 357/9mm that I wouldn't part with. In fact I'm still looking for a Marlin lever 357 as a companion to it (but the gun budget has been in the red for quite some time.) Another "hole" in my collection is a blackhawk 30 carbine/7.62x25 convertible. If I hit the lottery Ruger will be making me a few of them.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

crawfordsville.gif
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
    edited November -1
    Henry,

There was a guy at the range one time with a Blackhawk in 30 carbine. The thing I recall about it most was the noise. It was more loud than a 44 mag...a real ear-splitter!

But I'm with you. I'd like to have one too.

Rafter-S
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    you can get the stainless vaquero in both , but the blued blackhawks are the only ones made in both, right now there is a 4 5/8 " blackhawk with just the 45acp cyl on auction over on the other site , I guess a guy could buy both a blackhawk in 45lc and the convertible vaquero , keep the 45acp from the vaquero and then sell, it with just the 45lc cyl, of course you would want to make sure the 45acp cyl was checked for proper fit and timing before using it
    edited November -1
    Though the LC cylinder shoots well, I end up primarily using the ACP cylinder. The reason: I have endless amounts of ammo for it.

Rafter-S
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I had one of the first model blackhawks they made in 30 carbine and I sold the thing like a dummy. Got my first 1911 Colt with the proceeds, but I'd sure like it back now.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems