In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Re-alignment of universe, knee update

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited August 2007 in General Discussion
Pushing the top of my lower leg bone back into the joint must have done more than make the top of my head explode off last night. Last night when I laid down in bed the last thing I did was to shove it back into place until the pain knocked me out cold. I figured that was the only way I was getting any sleep at all. Must have worked cause when I woke up it felt alot better. So being the learning kind of an ape I shoved it back in again to get a few more hours of unconsciousness before the sun came up. I don't think I'll be dancing tonight, but atleast I will ba able to walk with both sets of knuckles dragging the ground evenly. Next time this happens I am going to take my wife's advice and just knock the bone back into the joint with the big wooden mallet I use on stubborn receivers. That way I'll get a nice nap and wake up good as new instead of having to hurt for 4-5 days. She should have been a doctor.

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It hurts just to read this post.
    What is wrong with your leg? How often do you have to pop it back into place?
    Can't the doctor do something about it?
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I stretched the three main tendons that hold the knee joint together some years back. Each time they get stretched they get weaker and easier to stretch the next time. I kind of over did it this past week and the outside tendon stretched enough for the top of the lower leg bone to work out of the joint. The pain is enough to cause an out of body experience. I have a brace that an ortho-doc made for me that re-aligns everything gradually over a few days, but I can't find it. After four days of it I was loosing my mind so I put the inside of my ankle against the dresser and pushed against the outside of my knee to make it go the wrong way until the bone went back in some. Then I fell out on the bed for a few hours. When I woke up around 3am I did it again and got it all the way into the joint. That made me pass out again, but when I got up at 6:30 it felt pretty good. Been feeling better as the day goes on. Now I know an even quicker cure than the brace. Doc says it needs replacement, but until I become a man of leisure a replacement won't hold up anyway so I am stuck with what I have been dealt. Feel bad about being a wuss and complaining about it yesterday, but it was really wearing on me. Looks like I'll make opening day tomorrow too![:)]