In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My Dad, the original music pirate.

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
Dad knew his sound equiptment and electronics so the base commanders would have him set up the sound system on stage for the USO type shows. He would run a feed under the stage where he hid his reel to reel to record the shows for his private collection. Been a while since I perused his catolog, but I do recall the 16 year old Mick Jagger and band doing some rockabilly sounding stuff. Really pretty awful. Lot of good stuff too though on those reels. Couple hundred 6-8 hour reels of mostly live recordings of people, some of whom went on to fame and fortune. Boy I bet ol' Mick would pay to keep that tripe off the air.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    but I do recall the 16 year old Mick Jagger and band doing some rockabilly sounding stuff. Really pretty awful. ........ Boy I bet ol' Mick would pay to keep that tripe off the air.

That might be true. But even if he didnt want to "buy your silence", I bet you can make a few dollars with that recording.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BDJ, you do relize you are setting on a gold mine don't you?
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Never really thought about it much until this show the other morning where a lady had a recording of Elvis that had never been recorded on vinyl. It sucked,but she got big bucks just the same.
    Most of the live tapes are from the late fifties and early sixties. I'll get a list next time I drop by his house.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems