In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gore son arrested!

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Rockville, Maryland-AP -- The 21-year-old son of former Vice President Al Gore has agreed to enter a substance abuse treatment program to settle a misdemeanor drug charge.

The judge overseeing the marijuana possession case against Albert Gore the Third approved the drug counseling program today. As part of the agreement, the younger Gore will have to submit to drug testing, perform community service, and steer clear of criminal convictions.

The charge against Gore will be dropped after one year if he fulfills the terms of the program.

Gore was arrested in December after being stopped by police in Bethesda, Maryland, for driving without his headlights on.

Police took the Harvard student and two friends into custody after finding a partial marijuana cigarette and a box they suspected held marijuana.

Gun_smokes.gif

Swanton.gif

Comments

• ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    And they didn't call out the SWAT guys on that?

I mean, one partial cigarette and a suspicious box? Hell man! That's a major bust! I mean, that's gotta be enough pot to fund some major terrorist organizations!

Friggin' DEMOCRAPS! A bunch of drug-using pot-heads! Jimminy H. Christmas! Why can't they all be fine, upstanding clean folks like Bush's niece or Rush Limbaugh?!
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What the heck is wrong with that kid. Why can't he just be a under age drunk like all those Bush girls. They don't even charge them do they?[:p][:0][^]

Mad Dog
  • sharkman69sharkman69 Member Posts: 858
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Travis Hallam
    What the heck is wrong with that kid. Why can't he just be a under age drunk like all those Bush girls. They don't even charge them do they?[:p][:0][^]

Mad Dog

Mmmm, there's something about drunk Bush girls that puts a big smile on my face. [:D]
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,511 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Steer clear of criminal convictions" and "enter a drug treatment program" because of one joint?
    Great God don't out police and courts have something better to do?
    More foolish bs brought to you by the War on Drugs.

ps I am old enough to remember, this War began under Nixon in 1970. Looks to me like the Drugs have won the War.
  • Texas HunterTexas Hunter Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree Allen.
    What a waste of good taxpayers money.

mike
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    You all must be young...or forget when they could take anyone away for a seed or two???MAJOR felony years ago ...no such a thing as a "usable" amount in those days....
  • Texas HunterTexas Hunter Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not young at all.
    Fwiw i knew a guy that was caught outside a concert with two joints at the tender age of 17 in the year 1970 and had a felony conviction placed upon him.
    Much to harsh.
    As you know what a felony conviction means as far as gun ownership is concerned.

mike
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    That's right! A single pot seed was considered "intent to manufacter and distribute" and could get you 20 years hard time with no parole. It was actually better to get caught with a rolled joint than a seed or two. Sometimes the cops would tear apart the joint to find seeds so they could charge you with intent. The lesson here was to always clean your pot thoroughly before rolling it up. Ofcourse an dipstick that rides around with dope in his car needs to be removed from the gene pool as soon as possible.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems