In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Daring Theft From WAL-MART

footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
edited May 2009 in General Discussion

Comments

• RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have more balls than me. [:)]
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Dunno, but one of their distribution centers is just a few miles from my house...
  • 320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I worked at the local Wal~Fart last winter and it was amazing what people would steal. The number one and two items taken are pregnancy tests, and rubbers. Every morning we would find empties in the automotive section which had no cameras. I caught several shoplifters in my 6 months there but Walmart won't prosecute.
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Had someone work over the Lowe's stores here with the same mode of operation. Either stole an employee vest or had been let go and had one. They got a whole lot of DeWalt tools.

Think what finally got them was an under cover cop at the flea market where they were selling this stuff on weekends.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm aware of a couple of out of the ordinary thefts at Super WalMart stores a few years ago that showed even more brass.

On pickup day a Brinks armored car guard showed up at the store's cash office as normal, signed for the shipment and headed out the door with his dolly loaded down.

A short time later a real Brinks armored car guard showed up at the cash office with his dolly saying he was there to pick up their cash.

This guy walked away with some serious cash without ever having to use force. In fact. store employees had assisted him in loading the money.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I went to a pro baseball game and thought I was in the line for the men's room. Eventually I got to the rear of a large truck where a guy dropped a 1/4 keg of draft beer on my shoulder and said,"There ya go."
    I said," Gee thanks, where's the men's room?", but they shoved me out of the way and went on unloading the truck.