In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Legal Justification" for speeding?

earthmvrearthmvr Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I got pulled over today for speeding, 70 in a 55. When the officer came to the window he asked me if I had any "legal justification" for driving so fast. I had to chuckle, and told him "no, not any legal reason...I guess I just wasn't paying attention." I got lucky, he didn't give me a ticket. But I thought this was kinda funny, never had a cop ask me that before.

4dff19a9.gifc716f163.gif72d96bc6.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SamieJ1959SamieJ1959 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They showed a clip on TV once. I think I saw this about 6 months ago. A policeman had pulled a man over for speeding. His wife was having a heart attack in the truck and he was driving her to the hospital. The policeman would not listen, and made the man wait outside the vehicle while he wrote him a ticket. Needless to say, the woman died. The policeman didn't even help the man.
    Some people do have a legal reason to speed, when it is a life or death matter. By all the officer knew, you could have had a relative in the emergency room. Policeman can be nice at times.
    You were lucky though, I got a speeding ticket 2 years ago and I am still waiting for the third year to roll around for my insurance to go back down. I was going 79 in a 65.
  • Options
    WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Yes Officer, I was trying to out run you."

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife left me for a cop and I thought you were trying to bring her back to me.
  • Options
    SamieJ1959SamieJ1959 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Woman: "Are you are going to give me a ticket to the Policeman's Ball?"
    Officer: "Policeman don't have Balls" "OOPS"

Open Mouth, Insert Foot.

(I hope this doesn't get it poofed, there are no bad words in it really.)
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    earthmvr,
    I see you are in Colo. We need more people from there to post on this link.
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76234

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "My wife is losing the baby." He put her in his car & took her to the hospital. Kid is twenty-four now. I wasn't speeding, I was blowing my horn & trying to work through traffic.
  • Options
    earthmvrearthmvr Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:They showed a clip on TV once. I think I saw this about 6 months ago. A policeman had pulled a man over for speeding. His wife was having a heart attack in the truck and he was driving her to the hospital. The policeman would not listen, and made the man wait outside the vehicle while he wrote him a ticket. Needless to say, the woman died. The policeman didn't even help the man.
    Some people do have a legal reason to speed, when it is a life or death matter.

That's a good point. I thought about that afterwards, but does a life or death situation actually make speeding legal? Or is it just something you can get away with under the circumstances. I know no LEO would give you a ticket for speeding if your trying to save someone's life, but is it actually legal?

4dff19a9.gifc716f163.gif72d96bc6.jpg
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Ya, I was asked that.
    My girlfriend turned on the disposal, and something zapped in a light fixture (a junction), all the lights went out, and she panicked.
    I got theere fast, but was asked about speeding and running two lights on my way onto the Vine Street Expressway.
    I still made it in about eight minutes.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Legal justification for speeding?

Well lets see!
    I think a cigarette hot box burning it's way thru the crouch of my pants and drawers would do it for me!

Gun_smokes.gif

Swanton.gif
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    When my daughter was run over by a truck while riding her bike, I got the call on my cell phone just as I was leaving a job out in the sticks. I un-hitched the trailer from the Beast and put the pedal to the floor. The first state trooper to clock me at 90mph told me to put on my flashers and follow him. Did 100+ mph the rest of the way. Later he told me that besides wanting to get me there fast, he was also making sure there was an armed officer between me and the truck driver that hit her. Smart man.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems