In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BDJ & all on board, about IRS and taxes

jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
edited January 2004 in General Discussion
I read where you had a run around with the IRS. Haven't we all. I finally got all the items in the mail today to do my taxes. One farm document was all holding me up, the wife had her W-2s over a week! Man I did not know just how far in the hole a man can go owning farms till tax time![}:)] By the time I count all expenses and depreciation, I took a nice loss![:0] Best thing about that is we are getting one nice refund thanks to the loss and what the wife pays in! She has her with holdings set as single no dependents and with all together, state and federal, we are looking at around $4400 if my calculations are correct![;)] My 16 year old is already picking out his new trap gun.

BDJ, you stated you charged them interest, I actually had the IRS pay us interest last year in the amount of $59! Man was I suprised because the last time interest and IRS were on the same paper in this house, it was me paying. $59 ain't much but I did take it.

Well I just sit down to relax, read the stirring on here, unwind, and thank God I am done with my 2003 taxes. Sending them out registered mail tomorrow! By the way, for those of you that do not send yours by registered mail (that is for those of us that cannot e-file due to too much paper work) you should! Year before last the IRS lost mine and I did not find out till April 10. I had to file an extension and get certified copies of wife's W-2s because of that. Since that time I send ours by registered mail so they have to sign for them. That way it is their fault according to the IRS! Sorry to ramble on but still seeing forms and numbers in my head![:D]

OK who is doing the stirring and who is trolling tonight?[?] By the way it is already -5 out tonight. You Canadians can keep that Canadian High you sent down!

"we are but men... no more, no less..."

Comments

• Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    They started out saying my kids did not exist so I owed them all of the child deductions back dating to Caine and Able. I told them it wasn't me or the wife drawing on the walls with crayons, so we must have some kids around here somewhere. I also calmly mentioned that they were issued SS#s before the ink on their birth certificates was dry.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems