In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GUN in CAR!!!!!!!

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Saw the post where they said "Most states its illegal to have loaded gun in car. WELL not in FLORIDA, nor do ya have to tell a cop that your carrying or have a loaded gun in your car

It is not necessary to have a license or permit to carry a loaded firearm in a private vehicle, so long as the gun is "securely encased". Florida law defines a weapon as being securely encased if the firearm is in a glove compartment, whether or not locked, in a snapped holster (not worn on your body!), in a zippered gun case or in a box or other container that requires a lid or cover to be lifted or opened in order to gain access to the firearm. These restrictions do not apply to any person who holds a valid Florida Concealed Weapon License or a reciprocal state license/permit.

There is no legal requirement that a licensee inform an officer that he/she is armed; however, prudence and common sense would indicate that it's certainly a good idea. It's better for the officer to hear it from _you_ first, because if he runs your Florida Drivers License he WILL be informed "Caution! Subject has Concealed Weapons License." by the dispatcher.

flageagle.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
Hudson.gif
900.gif

Comments

• HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Texas you can have any rifle, shotgun or any other "longgun" loaded and in plain site if you wish.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    In New Mexico you can have any gun in any position in your automobile.

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    OK,....as long as we are dealing with honest citizens.....are we talking about problem here?

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Derived from another post. What difference does it make if your an honest Citizen or not, if you are, nothing to worry about, if ya aint, get the book thrown at ya. The non honest dont care, and will do it anyway. Thats what makes all the gun Laws STUPID, they only affect the honest. Kinda like the LOCK theory, "A lock keeps an Honest man Honest" . And that dont hold water neither, cause ifn he has a tendency to be dishonest the lock dont matter no how..

flageagle.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well said.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Am actually glad that we don't have those regulations here in Greenland.

If you're 16 y.o. or older - noone will notice if you walk around with a rifle or shotgun.
    Nor is there any special requirements as to how they're stored.
    It is advertised though, that ammo and guns are in two separate rooms - but not required.

Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Yeah!

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Missouri you can have a loaded gun or rifle anywhere in the car as long as it is out in the open and not in the glovebox or under the seat, and no license is required.

Bruce
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Kalifornia, we're lucky to have a car!!

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    In California the car is the weapon.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems