In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is it just me?

MarksmenMarksmen Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2003 in General Discussion
would anyone else find it extremely foolish to keep firearms next to a humidified product storage area, with no provisions for containing the humidity within the storage area????? This looks a serious quick way to rust some rifles[:0]

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=387016183

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Am I the only one who thinks Hitlery's chest has fell to her knees?

The woman doesn't show anything remotely resembling a chest line.

She might as well be a tranny for all I know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it just me, or is Arkresearch one of the craziest nut jobs out there?I'll admit to occasionally checking out HCT, although I am neither registered nor a poster. However, I haven't been there recently and am wondering if Arkresearch posts over there frequently?He seems to fit right in with the people on the Armageddon and Survivalist topics over there.Why must some people be such paranoid nut cases?At least if Arkresearch wrote in something approximating normal English, I could laugh at his posts, but with all of his jibber jabber, it is hard to even figure out what the h--l he's talking about.Oh how I wish he would just post about his wheelbarrow of death or something I could at least laugh at.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you think ads on tv are louder than the show you are watching?

Certain channels seem to go to mega volume when the scumbag ads come on.

Damn, that gits' my goat!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Or do I look exactly like myself? [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My cousin who is 15 came over Saturday and wanted to shoot some skeet.Well being thats one of my favorite challenges I was going to join in.I mostly use my Ruger Red Label,and will be honest Im no expert.Any way he had a Harrington &Richardson 20GA Topper.He ask if I would like to try out his gun?Sure I was all for it.I shot it as good as my Ruger.I have long arms,I'm 6"5 and the gun seemed small to me.I finally figured out I could shoot a short shotgun better.Has anyone else experienced this?Or is it just me?

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Or has Obama ruined the word HOPE for everyone? Every time I see or hear it now, I think, Oh jeez, not this crap again.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it just me or does Joe Biden look an AWFUL lot like Walter? I'm just sayin'...... I keep looking for Jeff Dunham with a hand up his shirt, except that smug, condescending look on his face whereas Walter is just grumpy.............
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Or are we being asked to become politically correct with our posts here??
    Is it something that has been building up for years, or does it have something to do with an upcoming public offering of stock in GB?
    this is NOT a complaint, just an honest question about what's going on here at my home away from home.[;)]

thanks
    tom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hadn't planned on this, but just realized it. I have a U.S. flag I put out on the porch in the morning, and take in at night. Unless the wind is bad (which is often), or its raining or snowing. I realized today that I haven't flown the flag since the November election, with the exception of Veteran's Day.

Guess I have been in a funk about where we are heading, and what the American people appear to have sunk to. Any others here who are in the same moody situation? And no, I won't take this over to the Politics Forum. They scare me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it just me or does coffee just not taste as good from a freshly cleaned coffee pot?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am so tired of opening a web page and seeing Kim Kardashian big booty....Why can't she go away? Enough is enough already...Lets go back to Paris Hilton!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it just me, or does it seem like the guns we have are going to be the exact same guns civilians will have 100 years from now, and the military and LEOs will have burst and auto, and continuous fire lasers rifles and pistols that can be the size of a wallet and transform into its fullsize state with a press of a button, and 1,000,000 round energy magazines. And civilians will still have ARs, Aks, Glocks, and Berettas with the 1994 AW ban still in place[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone else feel like it's Christmas all over again when the Cabela's Shooting catalog comes?
    Beat to fit----Paint to match
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Am I the only one who has not heard one single word about our newly elected Vice President since November 4th?

You hear about Hillary, you hear about Obama, where's our VP?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Every time that I see Obama, I think that the lawn needs to be cut. Years ago, my family had a gardener who brought his family with him. They were well behaved and worked their little Black * off. It really did your heart well to see that type off family cooperation. When I see Obama and his family, I fondly remember that colored family that used to care for our lawn. I get a little tear in my eye![:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Or is this price a touch on the high side?Not Auction price but the buy now price.http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=33131567
  • Options
    edited November -1
    After much contemplating, thought, and consideration......I think it is........[V]

Now....how to remedy it? [?]
  • Options
    SilverBoxSilverBox Member Posts: 2,347
    edited November -1
    Marksmen,

Your awfully optimistic. The grabbers want all the guns, not just the ones they have gotten already. In 100 years its unlikely any law abiding citizen will have firearms at all. They chip away at it a little at a time and grandfather people in who have stuff already, but once everything is banned and all the people grandfathered in are deceased who will have firearms then??
  • Options
    homer4homer4 Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could like;y be the scenario for the future there, Silverbox.

"...Abby someone""Abby who"..."Abby Normal"
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It will not be the 1994 ban that will still be in place. That ban will expire (sunset) next year. It will be a brand new (even more restrictive ban) that may be in place.

The military will always have and use newer innovations to be better armed. I do not think the public will have the same privilege. The military already have munitions that we (as civilians) could never hope to match.

100 years from now (IF) civilians are still in possession of any firearms, there will not be anyone who will know how to use them, as they will have been outlawed in the years prior. Since they have been against the law for generations, no one will be "practicing" with them, and in so doing, they will have lost the knowledge and skill for using our now "modern" weapons.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    100 years from now the only guns as we have today will be behind glass
    somewhere.

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    In 20 years if you can leagally own grandpa's old single barrel,i will be surprised.The gun grabbers are just getting started.
  • Options
    charger_rt440charger_rt440 Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ever see the movie Demolition Man?

all the guns in the future were in a museum...I think that there is more truth there than fiction..[V][V]

Stress--This happens when the brain overrides the bodies basic urge to strangle the crap out of someone!!!!
  • Options
    snake-eyessnake-eyes Member Posts: 869
    edited November -1
    In fifty years we'll have weapons to aim at people an' cook 'em inside out. Already been built. Who needs bullets?

Let's change the laws and quit bickering about them. One man CAN change the status quo.
  • Options
    BufflerBuffler Member Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IN 25/50 years, HOW MANY will be here? LASERS will do
    the work. USING it now, BE SAFE!! Buffler
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want some of that ammo that explodes downrange in mid-air and hits targets that are behind cover. [:D]

All I can say is, get your technology while you can. Night vision scopes, body armor, and all the rest. Some stuff is bound to be grandfathered in, even if restrictions are placed on new sales.

And of course we can always hope for a Supreme Court that knocks the Ninth Circuit for a loop. It would effectively nullify the intent of the Second Amendment to have LEOs or the military so far ahead of civilians in terms of firepower. It may be that someday that increasing inequity of firepower will save us, through the Constitution. I hope so.

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    We have allowed the government to tell us what we can own, even though, in true life, they can't. But we are loyal and make ourselves "with the law" so much that we have been programed into thinking- "may I have this or that?" Our constitution provides equall protection against a government that would be tyranistic! That was the intention, but we have let it become permission!
    We are doomed, and it is too late! The only power we have left is to stop paying taxes- quit work, and fend for ourselves. Without money- the government would fold or make an agreement in order to survive! They don't want to live without! And WE could do it! Cut them off and make our demands! This wouldn't be anti-American, it would be TAKING CONTROL as it should be!!!! There are millions of Americans, only a few government officials! Think about it! How could one man with a gun control a room with 500 people? No one said-"lets get him"! It takes only one person to start, and after that, they gain control!![:(!]
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    As my good buddy John says,"A man with a torch,mill and lathe can have anything he wants."

my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems