In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Things ain't right in california

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited August 2004 in General Discussion
CASTRO VALLEY, Calif. - Lucky the bunny is living up to her name.

It had seemed like luck had run out: Strapped to a powerful explosive with a lit fuse, Lucky was tossed into a lake.

But the explosive didn't blow up, and the rabbit was pulled out of the water.

Now Lucky's owner and his friend face misdemeanor charges of animal cruelty after photos of the July 13 incident surfaced on the Internet.

Nick Sigmon, 18, and Paul Collins, 20, are accused of taping an illegal M-1000 - a large firecracker equivalent to a quarter stick of dynamite - to the rabbit and throwing her into Lake Don Castro.

Sigmon said he fished Lucky out of the water to save her from drowning. But prosecutors charged the two lifeguards on Wednesday. Two other men who were present during the incident may also face charges.

"I think that a lot of people are judging us without knowing us at all," Sigmon said. Asked why he fitted Lucky with the explosive, he said, "Um, that's a real tough question to answer."

Sigmon said he adopted the bunny after almost running over her with his car, but can no longer care for her because he's starting college this fall at University of California, San Diego, where he plans to study biology.

Someone found the photos on the personal Web site of one of the suspects and posted them on Craigslist, the popular Internet bulletin board, where the House Rabbit Society in Richmond saw it.

Lucky is recovering at a foster owner's home, where she's snacking on hay pellets and doing well.

Gun_smokes.gif

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!

Comments

• Options
    pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    These things happen everywhere, my roomate sent me a link of a cat being burned alive, it was horrible, I wouldn't even watch with sound because I didn't want to hear it.

"Girls often say it's not the size of the boat, and it's the motion of the ocean, well I'll tell you this it takes a hell of a long time to get to England on a row boat"
    "Marrying for sex is like taking a plane ride for peanuts"
    -Jeff Foxworthy
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    What are they going to charge him with?

Attempted Pet Homicide?

Attempted Animal Cruelty?

The Fireworks possession offense holds more punishment than an animal attempted cruelty case.

awcountdown.gifIt wasn't only the Bill Clinton Gun Ban- without Bill Ruger there would of been no ban .
    MichaelMooreFatStupid.gif
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    I believe that anyone who perpetrayes morbid atrocities against a defenseless "pet" should be subject to the same fate!

JMHO!

Gun_smokes.gif

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I found a beautiful chochlate lab puppy last year. I kept him for a good while befor I found some folks I trusted to care for him. Called the boy Ben and I gave him the lastname of 'Brownstone' after a Guns N Rose's song(b/c of his irratic behavior) Well being a college student I couldn't properly take care of him so I gave him to some folks I trusted . I don't know why this idiot decided that he wanted to blow up his rabbit. The responsible thing to do would have been to give her to someone else. These moron's ought to be cained. I mean surely you could think of something better to do with an M-1000 than blow up a poor rabbit. What a bunch of moron's.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As a kid I did some horrible stuff, not that horrible, but I was just a very curious kid.
    I remember this one time, it's disgusting sorry, I used to catch flies and pull their wings off, but I didn't know better, I also wanted to keep them as pets, it wasn't really meant as hurtful.
    But somethings (like these 2 cases) are pure cruelty.

"Girls often say it's not the size of the boat, and it's the motion of the ocean, well I'll tell you this it takes a hell of a long time to get to England on a row boat"
    -Jeff Foxworthy
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by alledan: Things ain't right in California

And it took you this long to figure that one out? [}:)]

NSDQ!

NS_Crest.jpgr6team.gifAmerican_IR_Flag.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'd hardly say that pulling wings off of flies is animal cruelty. Ever put salt on a slug? Man that must really be tourture. It caused their cell walls to bust open, and their fluids to escape. Suddenly escaping and just start oozing out of your skin.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess something isn't right in California because I'm sitting here wishing I had a slug to try that out on....I just want to see what it looks like!

You'd think with all the bleeding heart liberals we would be the ones being nicer to the pets, instead here the liberals are blowing up rabbits, and in Texas Dawnie is keeping some (to me disgusting looking) baby something alive and paying all this money for it even!

-Jeff Foxworthy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm tellin you man, go outside and find a slug. Dump some salt on it and watch it turn into something that resembles snot.[}:)]
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Pip, you really didn't have to tell me about the cat. We have four ...

Did you ever respond to that guy on Calguns with the Mossberg for $175?
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Why didn't he just eat the rabbit? I don't understand.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems