In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Armalite/Springfield AR-10?

martinjmprmartinjmpr Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just wondering what experience people have had with either the Armalite or Springfield AR-10 rifles. I like the idea of an AR or M4-type weapon in .308 caliber. My concern is with the magazines: The Armalites use converted M-14 mags, but how reliable are they? Anyone know? I don't want to be stuck with the 10-round mags forever.

Thanks for any help.

Martin[:D]

A Man that should call everything by its Right Name would hardly pass the streets without being knocked down as a Common Enemy -- Lord HalifaxThere is Nothing more permanent than a Temporary Emergency -- Robert Heinlein

Comments

• Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Go to AR-15.com, they have a AR-10 thread.
    also Aramlite has a forum on their website.

There are complaints about their converted mags, most are the wait and price.

There is a lifetime warranty on that rifle, and she is Made in the U.S.A.

Sales have been slow on the AR-10 for Armalite.

kabalogoshadowed.gif
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I had read that the ATF was forbidding the M14 mags being converted for some reason so that only the ones done already would be legal. Don't know how they could tell the difference though. I have an original AR10 from the pre M16 days that has twenty rounders, but I have been told they won't fit the new AR10's. An FAL is a good gun in 308 and twenty round mags are only 5-10 bucks a piece.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems