In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WI top cop busted DWI

gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
while driving home in a state owned car , she wrecks , then blows .12 , refuses the blood test, read the story, read all the way down to what Brain Burke has to say
http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/2870075/detail.html
http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/2874942/detail.html?treets=mil&tid=2652369337813&tml=mil_12pm&tmi=mil_12pm_1_12000102262004&ts=H

Comments

• Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Don't have to read any of those links. She shoulda known better.

TUFF S***

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad and upset at the same time. One, she was arrested, nor special treatment from the police, that is a positive. Two, she is not resigning or getting canned, that upsets me. As a commercial driver I am legally drunk at a ,04, not .08 like everyone else but a .04, special honor of having a CDL. If I get nailed for DUI in a truck I should be hung but if I get nailed in my personal vehicle I pay almost the same consequences. I lose my license, I lose my job, automatic. After I get my license back I will not get a good job for 10 years, CDL driving records by federal law must go back 10 years. So if I hop in my pickup and get nailed, I lose everything and will end up driving a septic tank truck for 10 years for minimum wage. She gets nailed and her boss feels sorry for her. I have a saftey sensitive job and my personal life outside of the truck affects my job, she has a safety sensitive job as well and more so than mine SHE NEEDS TO SET AN EXAMPLE. Job performance doesnt matter, if I do what she did I am ruined, she needs to get the same treatment.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    7mm I agree with you 100%, I also carry a CDL so i know just what you mean on that end , she should be fired and if gov. Doyle won't do it them he should be fired as well,
    by the way most polls that I have seen on it are running about 50/50 , so it looks like there won't be enough public out cry to force it
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Having just lost a good lifelong friend to a drunk driver this week and having to face her son who now has lost his mom and pretty much lost his dad previously[irreparable brain damage] due to drunk driving I am pretty much out of any tolerance for them. What is so important about getting behind the wheel after drinking that couldn't wait a few hours until you've had time to sober up? I can't count the number of times I've slept it off in my truck or even stretched out on my bike until I was sober. Being late or looking foolish is nothing when compared to the lives you could take or ruin by being behind the wheel drunk.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems