In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Some extremely positive feedback from Remington...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
As some of you already know, I purchased a Remington 40XB a while back, and there were numerous problems with it. I sent it back into Remington for repair, and got it back in worse shape than it was when I originally received it. Well, I sent it back in again, but this time (at someone on this site's suggestion) I sent a copy of my original letter and the new letter to the Pres., Vice Pres., the head of customer service/repairs, and the manager of the Custom Shop, by certified mail. Almost immediately (today), I received a response from the Vice President of the company telling me that he has "instructed the Custom Shop to do whatever is necessary to satisfy me and keep me as a loyal Remington Customer". The Custom Shop also called my home today, but I was not here to take their call. I am very happy that Remington has chosen to stand behind their product, and correct this problem. I just wanted to update everyone and let them know that it looks like Remington is going to take care of this. Thanks for reading.[:)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated

Comments

• bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good job Eric. I am a Remington fan but if I'm not happy,they're certainly going to hear about it. Worse yet,so are my MANY friends.[;)]

"Been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding.The cretins cloning and feeding,and I don't even own a T.V."---Harvey Danger
  • benzappedbenzapped Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't it amazing how you get the attention you deserve when management knows the problem.

I think you did good. And so did Remington...finally.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets wait and see what the finished product looks like.
    And what case they send it in.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • rdcinmnrdcinmn Member Posts: 655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good news![8D]

But I agree with pickenup.

Ellsworth.gif

www.awbansunset.com

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1848
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    After hearing all the BS you had to go through, I'll believe it when I see it.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun manufacturers cannot afford to lose loyal customers today, I am glad to hear that Remington is taking the steps to remedy the problem with your gun. I am a loyal Remington buyer and lately have heard some not so good things about them including your complaint not long ago. This is good news.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    When you return a gun to remington, are the repairs done at remington or do they contract repairs out to a private smith?
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    When you buy a 40XB from the custom shop, it shouldn't need to be sent back!!! They must be using cheap labor to watch the CNC machines!!! I hope you get satisfaction from the rifle! Just think, it could have been a RUGER.......they can't even put a rcoil lug on straight!!! Somebody posted about not seeing any Rugers on the skeet or trap fields...probably the same reason you don't see any at BR or LR matches!!!! Not worth taking!!! GHD
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got so fed up with Remington's service (or lack thereof) that I went from 12 Remington guns to 3 and I'd sell 2 of them given the chance (for the right money). I won't go into the whole problem but the continually denied fixing my 700MLS when it was so obvious. I even sent several letters, but I don't think I wrote any to the big dogs.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    ECC, Glad you posted this, Remington's I LIKE THEM. A couple of Mo's ago I bought a 700 from a friend that had a stuck extractor plunger stuck in. I Phone Remington and they told me to contact the closes service center, I did and sent it to them, with in 10 days I had it back and no charge for repairs. I Forgot to tell Rimington what great service I got from their service center, BUT WILL NOW. Thanks again.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tell them you want the HS Precision Tactical stock,...the fit and finish is better than the wood stock they usually send the 40x in.

Folks can bash Big Green all they want,..but the fact remains that the NUMBER ONE action on the benchrest circuit is the 700rem or 40x rem.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I bought a couple of Remington 1100's last year. Both wouldn't operate correctly. Upon taking them apart I found wood shavings and gunk in the rear of the actions that was impeding the smooth cycling of the action. I cleaned them and they have worked fine to date. I wrote Remington with the numbers off of the guns and told them to make sure someone was cleaning the crap out after final stock fitting. They wrote back thanking me for bringing it to their attention and for buying their shotguns. I don't know if they actually improved their quality control in that respect , but atleast they were polite.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems