In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does anyone know

Young Ns GirlYoung Ns Girl Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0DqPSF2fyo&feature=related

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    someone that lives primitive or off the grid...pioneer or hermit style, lives off of land no govt, taxes, uses trade, barter, hunt, fish...& where would be best area to survive doing this ???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    about anything else to use for a sunburn other than Aloe Vera? Young N Dum was at an outdoor shooting range with a friend yesterday, and can't hardly move today? I got him some Aloe Vera with lanicane, but he still seems to be in pain. I'm trying to talk him into driving to Wyoming with me tonight to pick up our little ones, but I don't think he will go if he isn't feeling any better.

The biggest room in the
    world is the room for improvement.
    - unknown
  • Options
    edited November -1
    how many pairs of handcuffs colt ended up producing before they were pulled from production?

i tried to do some research but i couldnt find any information
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what happened to cutieracinggirl. Haven't heard from her in a while
  • Options
    edited November -1
    where they can get their hands on preventive maintenance software? I want to set up a new program at work but don't want to spend nine hundred dollars on software. I am willing to pay but not that much. I want something so simple that all my people have to do is click a icon on Monday morning and print out the weekly, monthly Etc schedule. BTW we have over 400 machines.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If there is still a company producing a single bottom plow to hook up to a garden tractor to plow my garden.
    I had a wheelhouse 16 twin years ago with one and it worked very well...just wore out tractor and sold the entire rig.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the best site to find cheap airline tickets?

Planning a trip for me and Evil!

Heading down to Puerto Rico in a couple of months!
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm white as a ghost and get sunburned all the time. I use witch hazel, baby oil also works. drink lots of fluids. Tell young and dum to watch out for skin cancer so you two can be old n happy.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I believe that you can take bennedryll for sun-poisoning, and Advil for the pain/inflamation.

Leave the Aloe in the fridge until ready to use, and apply every two hours.

and make sure you give him plenty crap from all of us.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advice about the witch hazel and baby oil. I'll try that.

He and I are both "white as ghosts" too and it only takes a few minutes. With the blue Aloe he looks a little purpleish, but I think he will be alright. He was wearing a "wife beater" so he got it mainly on his arms and shoulders. I might worrie more if he had burned somewhere with vital organs.

The biggest room in the
    - unknown
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had never thought about the bennedryll or putting the aloe in the fridge.
    Thanks

The biggest room in the
    - unknown
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You guys are here in Colorado aren't you? (Northglenn / Thornton area?).

FCD

We grew up in Thornton, and moved Arvada (20 min away), but he was up in Byers? canyon yesterday(in the mountains about 2 1/2hrs away)when he got burnt.

The biggest room in the
    - unknown
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Emu oil is a little pricey but it one of the best things I have ever found for burns
  • Options
    jdyerjdyer Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try a product named SARNA from the drugstore/Walmart. It is a lotion that soothes sunburn, and also cools the skin. It feels really good when applied. My former spouse was a pharmacist with lilly white skin and this is what she always recommended and used. It's also what my current spouse and my kids use. I promise it gives the best relief.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    FCD
    I'm pretty sure that it is Byers canyon. I dont think he joined a club, but I could be wrong. I've never been there with him, but he took our 4yr old last weekend for some camping and shooting. He tells me that it's not far past Grandby. I hope that gives you a better idea.

The biggest room in the
    - unknown
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do not put oil of any kind on a burn. It "holds the burn in" and will create an anaerobic environment in the case of a break in the skin.

Aloe or any topical OTC pain relief spray is the best thing you can do unless you're lucky enough to have Silvadene.

If it's really severe, go see the doc.
  • Options
    cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm one of those folks that need SPF a million, so in the future I recommend you try Coppertone Spectra 3 even with it's [:D]mere 50 SPF[:D] I've never gotten burned[;)]

I learned a long time ago not to burn.
  • Options
    JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    YnD could very well be suffering from second degree burns which may warrant a look by a Doctor. In the meantime, he must keep well hydrated and try aluminum acetate solutions (sold OTC as Domeboro), a handul of oats, sodium bicarbonate, or a cup of white vinegar added to the bathwater. Wish him a speedy recovery.

2002-05-21-shark.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for the info. He does need SPF a million, but gets by with the 45 or 50 that we have for the kids. This time he thought that the weather was nice beacuse it is a lot cooler up in the mountains where he was, and wasn't thinking about gettin burned. I don't think that he will forget to use the sunscreen for a while.

The biggest room in the
    - unknown
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Well first off DO NOT, DO NOT, did I say DO NOT put anything oil based on it, like it was said it will lock the heat in. Fluids/hydration are the key to any kind of burn. Ibuprofen should work good for aches in the body. I am a clinical paramedic and I treat all kinds of burns in the summer out on the wildland fires. The burns include sun burns. The thing I have found that works best is called UNBURN it contains 2.5% Lidocaine. I am not sure where you can buy it we order it out of supply catalogs, but I know you can get it over the counter.

John
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What part of Wyoming?
    The Mrs. Goes to Cheyenne on a regular basis.

Just grab him by one of those "vital organs" [}:)] that didn't get burned, and tell him to get in the car. The cool? air might do him some good.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Young Ns Girl
    You guys are here in Colorado aren't you? (Northglenn / Thornton area?).

FCD

We grew up in Thornton, and moved Arvada (20 min away), but he was up in Byers? canyon yesterday(in the mountains about 2 1/2hrs away)when he got burnt.

The biggest room in the

- unknown

Futher out on I-76. By about a hundred-twenty miles. Still in Colorado, though. That's why I wear lightweight, long-sleeved shirts, wide-brimmed hats, SPF-30 and jeans at the range. Because it's Colorado, man. Old Sol can be brutal. Give Young'n'Dum my best and tell him to be careful of the sun next time. Oh, yeah, who mentioned vinegar? That's what works best for me...and drink LOTS of water.

"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro"
    Hunter S. Thompson"
  • Options
    redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont have any advise for ya since when I burn it turns into a tan a few days later.

dsarms_e0.gif

It is better to be prepared, than to be suprised.

I'm pro choice: I choose to hunt, trap, eat meat, and wear fur.