In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Three Percenter, What Does it Mean...

2»

Comments

• Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    quote:Originally posted by whiteclouder
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    Lt, the tipping-point sounds as far off as the end of the world to the majority of Americans, and no doubt even farther off to the 3-percent. [:D]

Continuing on in a serious manner, I'm not so sure another Waco would cause the 3-percent to act, and if they did act, in what manner do you see them taking it to their enemy?
    [:D]

Might I suggest something based on past performance?

They'll bellyache, whine, boycott, fault, carp, lament, groan, complain, expostulate, impute, insinuate, nag, gripe, protest, fret, fume, squawk, yap, taunt, wail,grouse, grumble, holler, yell, yelp and then do it all over, not necessarily in the same order.

Clouder..

Actually, clouder, the topic of this thread is far outside any possible participation by the likes of you.

You fit the bill of a Torry, or of a predatory government-supporting apologist, much better, IMO.[:)]

But hey, that's just me talkin...

Fact!

Clouder should have used the useername "kitty cat" or "ol' yeller".[}:)]
    I'd favor... PoleCat

'Least that's what my Granny called 'em...
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lt, the tipping-point sounds as far off as the end of the world to the majority of Americans, and no doubt even farther off to the 3-percent. [:D]

Continuing on in a serious manner, I'm not so sure another Waco would cause the 3-percent to act, and if they did act, in what manner do you see them taking it to their enemy?
    I think that I summed up my thoughts on it in my reply to Night Stalker, kimi.[:)]

Personally, I don't see a 'waco' or 'ruby ridge' as being the tipping point necessary to cause broad response. I think it will take something as I postulate in that response to NS.

All good points. One thing that would speed things along would be for Obama to win the next election and tax the rich.

Powerful people being hit in the pocketbook is what kick-started the revolution. Any revolutionary cause would benefit greatly from lots of rich and powerful people, IMO. Much better than one getting started with small isolated attacks, I'd think.
    What's next?
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

They'll bellyache, whine, boycott, fault, carp, lament, groan, complain, expostulate, impute, insinuate, nag, gripe, protest, fret, fume, squawk, yap, taunt, wail,grouse, grumble, holler, yell, yelp and then do it all over, not necessarily in the same order.

Clouder..

Actually, clouder, the topic of this thread is far outside any possible participation by the likes of you.

You fit the bill of a Torry, or of a predatory government-supporting apologist, much better, IMO.[:)]

Fact!

Looks like you've reached the peak of your mental acuity so I'll move on to another topic. Y'all are funny as hell.

Clouder..
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You think you have some clever thing going on, clouder, when in realty, you are merely kinda pathetic, in a self-styled 'literary genious' sorta way.

IMO, of course.[;)][:)]

Why you ol' dog; you done went and read my book didn't ya? [:D]

Clouder..
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    I'd favor... PoleCat

'Least that's what my Granny called 'em...

Heh....Heh....Heh.....
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder at times, I wonder at the power of the keyboard commando. It in some ways takes pretty strong conviction to post such words. It takes a lot of confidence in oneself to pen those words. Those words are for all intents and purposes a bold challenge to lawful authority in our nation.

Our founders got it right; it was quite the accident of man with the helping hand of God above founding this nation. Most of them paid dearly for their participation in flipping the King of England the bird.

My thoughts go to this.
    It is easy to type out such brave words in the comfort of your home. But, when the bullets smack your neighbor in the chest and you watch him die and the crack of bullets, seeking you, is all around, you have no idea who is shooting at you or where the shots are coming from. You see your home destroyed, your property overran your wife and children hurried off to safety while forces hunt you down trying to kill you just like your neighbor. You hear helicopters, see full auto weapons and rockets being used against your fellow tough guys......
    I have a question:
    Is the meaning of those brave words real?
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    I wonder at times, I wonder at the power of the keyboard commando. It in some ways takes pretty strong conviction to post such words. It takes a lot of confidence in oneself to pen those words. Those words are for all intents and purposes a bold challenge to lawful authority in our nation.

Our founders got it right; it was quite the accident of man with the helping hand of God above founding this nation. Most of them paid dearly for their participation in flipping the King of England the bird.

My thoughts go to this.
    It is easy to type out such brave words in the comfort of your home. But, when the bullets smack your neighbor in the chest and you watch him die and the crack of bullets, seeking you, is all around, you have no idea who is shooting at you or where the shots are coming from. You see your home destroyed, your property overran your wife and children hurried off to safety while forces hunt you down trying to kill you just like your neighbor. You hear helicopters, see full auto weapons and rockets being used against your fellow tough guys......
    I have a question:
    For some, I expect not. For others, I expect so. You either 'get it' and know it, or you don't.

You seem pretty much like a more dominant than normal sheep, Bruce, but you are still seemingly wearing a wool coat. No offense intended.

Thank God that the 3% at the time of our founding did not have the underlying view that come across in your post. we'd still be an English colony.
  • Options
    cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is in every man to do the right thing. A decision to do what is right. Many fail to realize what is right until it is too late. Many more fail to act at all. No preperation. No real knowledge of the enemy and HOW they became the enemy. No real understanding of the possibilities and consequences of inaction.

Cognitive Dissonance.

For the 3%, inaction at the time when action is needed, is not an option. The Oath means something. Deep down where it counts. Not just words said to impress, but truly to express honor and appreciation for that very Oath. To defend the Document.

LT, keep on.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cccooper
    It is in every man to do the right thing. A decision to do what is right. Many fail to realize what is right until it is too late. Many more fail to act at all. No preperation. No real knowledge of the enemy and HOW they became the enemy. No real understanding of the possibilities and consequences of inaction.

Cognitive Dissonance.

For the 3%, inaction at the time when action is needed, is not an option. The Oath means something. Deep down where it counts. Not just words said to impress, but truly to express honor and appreciation for that very Oath. To defend the Document.

LT, keep on.
    +100, So says I... Carry On ELTEE...
  • Options
    wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1

My thoughts go to this.
    I have a question:
    You're going to shoot my neighbor, OK, I never much liked them anyways.

Machine guns, helicopters, and rocket launchers are fine they are operated by people, and in such are just another tool that I can have in my arsenal if I get to it at the right place and time. OK maybe not the helicopter, I'd end up wrecking it, but there are plenty of people who can fly it, and I can help them get to the right place at the right time. As for people hunting me thats fine, I'll be hunting them too and they are predictable.

As for the thought of death I made my peace with that long ago, I figure I am already a dead man, the date of my death was determined long before I was born. I will continue to have fun and do what I need to do until that day comes.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I am humbled by the comments of some in this thread.[:)]
  • Options
    GoatroperGoatroper Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

My thoughts go to this.
    I have a question:

In a word, yes.

You make a good point -- lots of armchair quarterbacks these days. But why only 3%?

Maybe because only a small number, out of a much larger number who see what's coming, are clear enough about their options. Some of us will see, and wait too long, until action is guaranteed to fail. Fortunately for those of us who fall into that number, there is that small percentage who inherently not only see and know what is at stake and at hand, but who have the proper mindset to refuse to live as subjects. And the gumption to back it up. Those few know we're all going to die at some point anyway, and aren't content to wait and die in their beds if they can't stomach the price they'll pay to do that.

Live free or die actually means something to those few. Those of the rest of our number who want to live free will thank them, if they survive.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1

Clouder..

Fact!

Looks like you've reached the peak of your mental acuity so I'll move on to another topic. Y'all are funny as hell.

Clouder..

Yea kitty clouder. I passed writing dime novels in junior high, as did most of my friends on our way to our respective "peaks". You will not get here. You simply don't have the time at your pace. Accept it like you have your fear of authority. You'll be better for it.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wittynbear

As for the thought of death I made my peace with that long ago, I figure I am already a dead man, the date of my death was determined long before I was born. I will continue to have fun and do what I need to do until that day comes.

Nicely put wb. Fear of death should not be outweighed by disdain for slavery.