In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Had to call the cops...

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Much as I hate to do it I felt I had little choice. Teenage kids refused to quit riding their four wheelers on my property and were damaging the baby peach trees in the orchard. Kids told me when I got home a few minutes ago that they'd been around all day and wouldn't leave when asked to. They left when I got home , but came back when I was in the house. I called the deputies and asked if they'd give them a scare. Then one of my kids came in and said one of the young boys had a pistol and was waving it around. I called the Sheriff back and had them radio the deputy enroute to inform him/her that at least one of the kids were armed. The deputy told me that they had been destroying a lot of property around these parts, but no one was willing to press charges or show up for court. Same kids that were shooting the pistols at night out on my back property last year. Must have found where dad hides his gun again. The father drives long haul and is gone for weeks at a time. I'm pretty good with kids, but these ones have no desire to do the right thing. I think I'll go to court and nail their sorry butts before someone gets hurt. Like one of my kids who play in the woods and fields back there.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I guess it was better to call the cops than to shoot them.

Maybe you should write a nice letter to the Dad, inviting him to drop over when he's home, to discuss his kids??

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: guess it was better to call the cops than to shoot them.

I wonder how many would have jumped at the chance?

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I thought about it for about a half a second and decided there was a no win situation in the works. Better to let the law handle it and try to keep things from getting nasty. I will try to get hold of the father when I see his rig around next time. I suspect the kids would rather shoot it out with me or the deputies than to suffer the wrath of an over worked single dad whos gun is getting confiscated.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I say press as many charges as you can.

Also get some contractors or insurance folks in to give you an estimate on damages.

Then hand the bill to their folks.

If that doesn't drive the message home, nothing will.
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Let those little monkeys fix and pay for the damages. It will give them something to do and if you do become freinds with them (maybe) they may be easier to live next door to in the future?!
    Don't be suprised if the dad jumps on you for being mean to his kids.Some parents don't care what there kids do and will blame you for "something" as "their" kids just can't do any wrong. I think the daddy is in the most trouble for leaving a gun for the kids to get to. OH BOY!
    Hope it turns out well for ya!
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It seems you cant have nothing anymore with out someone trying to ruin it.Estimate the damage done take pictures contact parents of the children and ask them if their willing to pay?If not tell them you will take it to civil Court and you may step it up to criminal trespass Destruction of private property as well as brandishing a firearm.I see so much of this it angers me,but its time to put a stop to all of this Bull.

Best!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Perhaps a "No Tresspasing" sign and a skeleton hung next to it would get hesitations??
  • 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn whipper snappers[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    Stretch braided cables about 4 feet off the ground Hang no tresspassing signs and flags on it and wait for one of them to run into it. bury him and sell his bike buy a new gun[}:)][:D]

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Parents need to be parents. It is very sorry when others have to pick up the ball when the parents fail. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    [:D]BDJ, this looks like yet another good use for my sign....
    I think it might solve your problem [;)]

no_tresspassing.jpg

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.