In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I like this guy's way of thinking...

ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
I was looking at different books on CCW's on amazon.com, and there was a review of one by this guy, and this is an excerpt of his review:

----
On the issue of needing a permit to carry a concealed firearm or handgun, I am opposed wholeheartedly to that concept and practice. It is NOT constitutional to require it. It is, in point of fact, an illegal registry of gun owners and is scarcely distinguishable from a gun registry system.The second ammendment already guarantees the right of America's citizens to have guns in their posesion at all times without any interference from the government. The law as it exists in my state is so subjective that the mere whim of the attending police officer is what determines whether an individual is "breaking the law". I do not for one instant believe that registering gun owners stops any firearm related crime; e.g.: If a person is willing to commit a crime with a gun already, how on earth is forcing law abiding citizens obey a bogus law that demands they report that they MIGHT be carrying a concealed handgun going to stop them? Do they honestly think that just because it's illegal to carry a handgun unseen is of an concern of a brutal criminal? As I already stated, I ALREADY have a right to carry any firearm almost anywhere, at anytime; seen or unseen. How DARE my state government try to interfere with the exercising of that constitutionally guaranteed right! I eagerly await the day when someone, supported or not, by the NRA, fights a concealed firearm/handgun law all the way to the Supreme Court of the United States and will shout with joy at the instant that they strike it down the as unconstitutional threat to our freedom that it is!

www.ammoday.com
bulletline.gif

Comments

• Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    "I like this guys way of thinking." ruger270man 12/29/03
    Me too![:D]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course it is a form of gun registration, just like every time you buy a gun on paper. Do you really think they throw away those records? LOL!!! Since a number is issued every time you purchase a firearm, how do they know what that particular number pertains to, if they throw away the records?

Do you have the time (to spend in jail at first) and then the money to take a concealed carry case all the way to the supreme court? Only to have them decide that they will NOT hear it? They do not have to, you know. Oops you loose.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a CCW in the fine state of New York (cough cough). The was no subterfuge or deception involved. The make/model/serial#/caliber was listed on your permit and a copy of it was retained at the Sheriff's office. You were only allowed to own/possess/carry that which was listed on your permit. The only way a handgun could enter the state was via an FFL even if you were moving to that state. If you are a law-abiding citizen then there is complete control and record of every handgun that comes into that state, who owns it and the address where it is stored.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Ohhhhhhh, THAT is registration?? The NRA told me it wasn't.[:D]