In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tools1 are you O.K. ?

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I took Tools1 fishing this morning. Launched the boat on the lake and sped across it to get to a cove to fish. We moved an hour or so later and the water had got rough cause of the wind. We fished another cove for around an hour and looked out on the lake and it had got worse .. real rough. A real choppy ride back. Tools told me in the truck he wouldn't wanna see it any rougher. I think he was glad to have his feet on the ground. Anyone else fished in calm water to see it get bad ?

Comments

• TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    [:0][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][B)][:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Are you kidding, I have fished the unpredictable waters of Biscayne bay off Miami and deep sea fished 7 miles off the Miami coast out in the shipping lanes of the Atlantic just off the continential shelf. Mind you this was in small craft no larger than 19FT. I have tossed cookies larger that some people have seen waves.

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen it get REAL scary on both the Great Lakes (Huron) and the Atlantic gulf strem. NOT fun. In both cases we were in reasonably calm waters with strong low-pressure cells approaching.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Many yrs ago we went off Ocean City, Md about 70 miles out into the gulf stream into an area that is referred to as the "Canyons". By the time we got there the water was really calm, but, by 2 in the afternoon waves were 20 ft if they were an inch. Never Again![xx(][xx(]

"the difference between the almost right word and the right word is like the difference between a lightning bug and a lightning bolt" - Mark Twain.
  • orca44magorca44mag Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was on Lake Michigan on a 60 ft. sailboat one time. 20-30 knot winds from the west and we were on the east shore. 8-12 ft. 'rollers' that day. [:(]