In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Indiana voting on gun sale immunity today

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Just a heads up for those interested. The legislature is to vote today on the bill that would ban nuisance lawsuits against any gun seller, whether dealer or private, whose gun was subsequently used in a crime unless there was specific knowledge of the intention at the time of sale. Bravo.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    May reason prevail. Wish I'd kept up with that. i played an engagement Friday, where there were some state legislators i could have spoken to during the handshaking. Keep us posted?
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure, I'll post something when the vote is in. I think it's expected to pass.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    About time.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the heads up. Keep us posted.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a shame that this actually requires a bill.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • orca44magorca44mag Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could it be that our state legislators are sweating like pigs because of the tax re-assessment fiasco which recently took place?
    The possiblities of them "apple-polishing" for the voters has already crossed my mind. I also noticed they did NOT approve legislation whereby seniors would have to pay $3.00 for a fishing license. Good for seniors, don't get me wrong, they deserve it, but our DNR is severely under-funded.