In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Jury duty

2»

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    My service finished yesterday. I was selected for a case but never made it into the jury box. This suited me just fine as it was a disgusting child molestation case which NO ONE wanted to be a part of. The whole selection process took a full two day and we thought it might drag on for a third. The only reason a jury was seated at all is because the defence ran out of challenges and could not remove anyone else. I would not give this guy much chance with the jury (or any jury) he ended up with. At least now I am safe from another jury summons for at least a full year. I was amazed at the number of people out in the hallway who spoke perfect English, but when they were selected for the jury they suddenly lost their ability to understand the language and were excused!

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    NooNaNsNookNooNaNsNook Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    drobs is 100% correct!!!!! I have never been called but hope I will someday..... Its one of our dutys that comes with being a free people.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Trials' over now.
    Took almost 20 minutes to swing the 4 IDIOTS that wanted to send her up for murder. Somehow, they were convinced that taking a life; no matter how, was grounds for the big house.
    Self Defense won again!
    Can't wait foe Monday; supposed to be another trial in the works- maybe it'll be the lady that burned down her own teen transition center, stabbed two witnesses and was caught trying to flee the state.

If you know it all; you must have been listening.WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • Options
    Flatlander03Flatlander03 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a little fun myself doing Grand Jury For a whole month last year, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in the big city. They really couldn't call me for the local courthouse. Driving 30 miles each way was much more fun.

It was interesting at times and booring most of the time.

Enjoy[^]

I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.

George Carlin