In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

you aint going to believe this

shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
me and my dad went to an estate auciton and i seen a RAVEN 25 auto with the blue gone and no mag sell for $80.00 and a H&R single shot 12 guage sell for $135.00 some peoples just aint to smart

Lt.RRG

"Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."

Comments

• daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I beleive it! I beleive it!....... or do I?
  • stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    On the bright side,,, as long as those people are buying at the estate sales, they aren't driving up prices at the local Wal-Mart!!
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    this is for real no joke
    and a ruger single 6 for 300.00 they just went nuts

Lt.RRG

"Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."
  • schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have sold a few guns at my yard sales and have always gotten atleast twice as much as they were worth. I don't know why but they do.

"meet me in Margaritaville"
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    $80 Wow! Several years back I tried to sell my consecutively serial numbered pair of Ravens, each one NIB w/spare a magazine, for $100 total and got no takers and zero interest. Looks like your area is the place to go to find those deep pockets needed to purchase such treasures!

Mark T. Christian
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    I've seen people go bid crazy at auctions. Back in the late 70's, I saw a Taurus copy of the S&W model 36 go for about 300 bucks.

Folks get bid crazy, probably feeling stupid later.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet