In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Confederate Carbine from Cold Mountain!????

22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
WHAT no documentation??????
WHAT no pic????

Do you buy this story???

Funny how things like this seem to crop up after movie or book hits the streets.

Who's the first here to bid??
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=16176270

Steel is for guns Tupperware is for leftovers

Comments

• gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of the firearms that I saw in the mass battle scence looked as though they were wooden mockups.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree w/ SP and will add that there are some weasel words used in the listing and also it seems funny that it's a "one time" offer at a "low price".

If someone were to buy this they should go through escrow with the sale being conditional upon examination and confirmation by an independent expert.

2470099-S.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nicole Kidman personally rubbed linseed oil into the stock of this unique carbine!

The underside of the barrel is autographed by Abraham Lincoln!

This is the rifle that was used to kill Stonewall Jackson!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Nicole Kidman personally rubbed linseed oil into the stock of this unique carbine!

I bid a buck!

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I want to. Bad idea?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Such a VALUABLE gun, but not one pic? I smell something here, and it ain't roses.

Even if he had a pic posted, I'd be afraid to buy it. There's so much counterfeit CW stuff out there, it takes someone who has really studied history to know the difference.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet