In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just got MY free Militec grease and oil

jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Ya just email them, and it's at your door. A little plastic snap-lid 1 oz sample of grease, and a little blastic bottle of their oil.

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SAMPLES

Comments

• Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    I used it a few months ago, in Iraq, and it performed exceptionally well! I highly recommend it to all who are interested in what this product advertises; it does deliver. The sand, heat, and dust were not an issue after I used the product. I am kind of nerotic when it comes to cleaning weapons, but I think this stuff really helps relieve some of my "stress".

NSDQ!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me." -Isaiah 6:8
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I just got mine too, but I don't really know what to do with it. For instance, would a man want to use the oil everywhere on his Glocks or should he use the grease on the slide rails and the oil everywhere else, or what?

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    The grease, according to a local gunsmith, is on the slides and rails, the fronts of the ribs", on the barrek top (lugs?), and the area where the swing lug pivots with the slide release pin.

According to the lit., the oil would help anywhere you oil a gun, only it stays put longer for extendeed outings where you can't do a strip and clean.

I recently heard Mobil synthetic was the best...gunsmith said "B.S.".

The guys at the shop, (some) use "Break-free" for all their lubing needs. I'm not sure what it was, and since I had spent enough that day, and usually consult several sources for cheap stuff and make impulse purchases on expemsive things, I didn't get any.

The grease is extra gooey. I'd bet a little goes a long way.

I greased the .45's for the first time last week. Lockup and slide actions sound so much tighter 9I'm a sound guy...musician...like a mechanic can "hear" whast's wrong with your car without driving it).
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Alright! Thanks for the info, man.[^]

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Ma pleasure. And don't forget, any plumbing questions you have to ask in "Experts"[^]

css_logo.gif
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been using Militec-1 Grease and Oil for over a year now.
    The only time I use BreakFree is to spray the outside of my blued guns to make them look Purty. [:D] [:D] [8D]

Also I took a cheap hobby type paint brush and cut half the bristles off to make the brush stiff and use this to grease up parts in side the gun that I can't normally reach.

Jacksonville.gif
    sniper.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    http://www.awbansunset.com/
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    I got my free samples the other day. They sent such a big 'sample' of grease it'll be a long time before I have to buy any.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet