In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question about Class III processing??

JesseLeeJesseLee Member Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Does anybody know what the deal is with NFA processing. My check cleared back on 01/21/09. I was assigned a agent on 03/21/2009 and It is still pending. What is going on. Does it really take that much time to pull a criminal record and do all of the other investigating. I am also planing on buying a 7.62 suppressor, who know how long it will take for that Class III item.

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, Maybe they are having a hard time getting ahold of your third grade teacher.
  • JesseLeeJesseLee Member Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That must be the case, Ohhh I just remembered the woman died about two years ago. So I guess I am screwed.
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Times are super slow right now but still way faster then they were a couple years ago. It was not uncommon to wait 6 months or more for a transfer. Sounds like right now about 3-4 months is not out of line. I dont know in your case.

On a Trust I just went pending on the 1st which was 6 weeks after they cashed my check. It sounds like it it is taking 30 days in pending right now........

The one I did this fall was 5 weeks from check cash to in my hands, pending was about a week.

You say you are also going to buy a 7.62 suppressor and want to know how long it is going to take. How long is it going to take for what part? If you are buying one local it is much faster then if you order one from another dealer and even longer if you pre order from a dealer that will have to transfer it to your dealer. As far as your Form 4 times I dont think it matters what the item is, it is the same time.
  • carolinashootercarolinashooter Member Posts: 339 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first sub-gun took almost 6 months from beginning to end. It can take a while.
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first NFA transfer took 26 months.........hush and count your blessings. [:D]

Merc
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Looks like around 4 months is the wait. I bought mine from PoliteSocietyInc.com.

They update their site weekly with dates showing when they receive paperwork and when it was sent in.

http://www.politesocietyinc.com/cgi-bin/imcart/read.cgi?article_id=24&sub=13

I figure I've got to wait about another month for mine.