In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Resurrected War Horse **PICS**

Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
About two years ago, the front sight came off of the old Ballerina Molester. I just kept it like that, figuring that one day, I'd find a front sight for it and have it put on.

Finally, my Pop asked me when I was gonna get off of my butt and make a sight for the pistol, so I could at least get some enjoyment out of it. He even volunteered some bronze from a casting gone awry for me to use.

Well, in two hours, I had that sight the size and shape I wanted. I cleaned the front cut on the slide out real good, mixed up a dab of JB Weld to fill any gaps I might have and pressed it in and let it sit for a week.

Voila! I shot the hell out of it Friday night and it's permanent, man. Even shoots straight![8D]

I've mentioned a friend of mine in OK who does DuraCoat. (They just got back from getting DuraCoat certified in Wisconsin I think)I'm thinking of a nice gray finish, leaving the top of the front sight bronze.

3524490160_6206b9edaa.jpg

Sight profile.
3524492292_a16acca9b8.jpg

Picks up light like a brass bead on a trap gun
3524496756_5f65ab8b33.jpg

Ready to re-holster.
3523691223_1aa81fe7fb.jpg

I've got a few more, but Photobucket is giving me fits.

Comments