In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Triggers, modify or replace on Rem?

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
When it comes to Remington rifles would you modify or replace the trigger with an aftermarket trigger? My 7mm Ultramag custom has a modified Remington trigger and to be honest there isnt much difference between it and two other Remingtons I have here. I am purchasing another Remington from a GB member that will see mostly bench and varmint shooting and I would like a target trigger but with safety. There is a kit that will convert a Remington trigger to a single set, gives 2# unset and extremely light in set mode, the factory safety will work with this kit and I feel it would be a good dual purpose trigger. Having looked at several brands of bolt on triggers I can find nonethat offer this setup, you either have a sporting trigger or target, no inbetween. I would rather find a reputable trigger to bolt in its place instead of installing the kit but it looks like to get the trigger I want I may have to do the kit. Any suggestions?

line2.gif
email2b.gif
hillbilly.gif

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I spent $20 for a gunsmith to lighten mine up and remove the creep/overtravel and it breaks nice and clean. I don't see much difference at all in it and my buddies $120 aftermarket one. However, he does have a 2-stage trigger on his varmit rig and those are kinda neat, but I wouldn't want to go back and forth between both types.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Remington trigs are great from the factory, just disassemble the trigger mechanism and stone any rough edges and polish, makes them nice and crisp.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif