In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ORTGIES PISTOLS

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Any body else got one of these? .32 cal, made between 1922 and 1926, Erfurt Germany

ort.jpg

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
Hudson.gif
900.gif

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, the boss has one her brother sent her. Tends to miss feed with hollow points and often misfires. Sort of retired now. I think they aere made somwhat longer than that by other factories, and piles of them were made. Neat sphinx logo.

He Dog
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I havent shot this one yet, and I dont feed Hollowpoints through any semi auto, I check out the cycling of it and everything seems fine, loads, and ejects properly, will know more when I fire it..[8D]

animatflip.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
    edited November -1
    Ours also tends to hang up round nosed bullets. The feed ramp looks a little pitted to me, but the smith that checked it says it is fine. I may polish it up one day. Don't quite know why it misfires, dent in the primer, but no boom. Ammo fresh, so maybe the spring is week. Kinda neat little guns. Given that they are not collectable usless 100% or near, it might be a good candidate to try my hand at Blue Wonder.

He Dog
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I dont buy any guns for their collector value, heck if ya cant shoot it, and ya need to preserve it for its value, I dont want it. Unless it is the Original Personal LUGER of Old George.[:D][:0][:0]

animatflip.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
    edited November -1
    I collect Colt Woodsman/Huntsman and only buy them in excellent condition, not for "investment" but just because I like them. I have others that have evaluate a lot in the time I have had them, and would have to consider the cost one day of reblueing etc. It would be kind of neat to see one of these restored to "like new" because that are nifty looking little pistols, particularly if I did the work rather than paying for it.

He Dog
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I currently own about 8 of these little pistols in three calibers and have probably had another dozen or so over the years...these are a favorite of mine. In the early 1920's the Ortgies was one of the more popular of the European pocket automatics and they turn up today in some very odd places! The neatest things about them are the fact that they don't use an single screw any where in the firearm and the safety at the rear of the grip. Get some S&B or Fiocchi .32 and fire either of these brands for the best results in your Ortgies. These little pistols are a bit tricky to strip down and reassemble but once you have the hang of it it soon becomes second nature.

Mark T. Christian
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Looks like a clone of the Browning .32 auto that my Dad has.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif