In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tax return, now which new gun to buy...

leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I haven't got it back yet, but I'm getting enough back that I can buy another gun and still have some to put into my house. I'm just stuck on which gun I'm going to get. There are so many that I want. So many thousands of guns I want. In fact, I think that is really my only goal in life is to get all of the guns I want on my guns I want list. Anyway I'm basically torn between getting two pistols right now. I'm kinda going thru this 10mm craze at the moment. I'm stuck between either a Kahr T9 Tactical or a Glock 20. If Glock made a practical tactical long slide 10mm that would take the bait but they don't so I'm kinda stuck. Neither are my first I must say but are basically just an edition to my ever growing 75gun collection (would be 76 but my ex-girlfriend/commonlaw wife took my CZ 75 PO1, along with my playstation 2, my TI-86 Calculator, and my Nokia 3390.

If you were going to choose between the two which would you get? If you had $800 to spend on a gun which would you buy.

Comments

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of the two, I'd take the G20. It's probably the most comfortable 10mm to shoot, and light enough to carry, reliable all day long.

Currently, I'm fascinated by the Beretta Storm, especially since they introduced a .45 ACP version. I would not be surprised if somebody doesn't find an excuse to put restrictions on them down the line. I have been meaning to find out what mags the .45 accepts.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did the taxes last nite. Gonna' get enough back to pay for this summer's vacation to the UK AND have enough left over for a new gun.
    That is if Mrs. Mudge will stop ordering trees and shrubs for the back yard.

Mudge the reluctant horticulturist

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did my taxes yesterday and came out about even. My wife and I work out of our state and the Federal refund barely pays my own in state income taxes. My farming income was $500.00 and this is from selling about 90 calves and everything else I can scrape up. If I didn't have a public job I couldn't farm.
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Get both of them, this way you don't have to decide.[:p]I'm waiting on the .204 Ruger to come out in March so I can burn some refund money up.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif