In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Guns n Painthorses

cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
are these prices i am hearing about for scrap iron right.....wow think i am going to do some cleaning up around here got some old machinery and such that i think i will take the torch too[:D]

Highmore.gif

Comments

• cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guns N Painthorses--Email me your address and I'll drop in the mail with my bills tomorrow morning.

I can't wait to see the reaction on this one. [}:)]
    edited November -1
    i think i was through your area this weekend didnt think about it till was on the way home. your in Iowa right? har far are you off I 29 or what town you near?
    doc
    i see your posting tonite so i'll bump this up was about 5 pages back or so
    edited November -1
    I drive past your town at least 4 - 6 times/month. I waved again today as I drove by. Hope everything's going well in your neck of the woods.
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cowdoc,

Sorry I missed your post. I've been hauling in scrap rail. Hey everyone, scrap metal prices are at a 35 year high. If you are like cowdoc and me, you better be gettin it cut up and hauled in!

Last I heard car bodies were in the 95-115 dollar per ton range in Council Bluffs Iowa

Got Guns?
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    cowdoc;
    before you go scraping stuff pick up a copy of this magazine. There might be more money in the stuff as it is. It blows me away to see the prices gotten on old farm machinery, that I ran as a kid in the 70's and early 80's.

http://www.antiquepower.com/ap_frameset.html

Not just tractors things like the old pull type combines and Allis Chalmers balers that make the little round bales bring top buck. I imagine usable parts from non restorable machines would bring a good price too.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cowdoc, Woodsrunner is right! There's gold in that "junk"! I know a couple of old timers that restore tractors and they are always looking for power driven attachments. They are always trying to one up each other finding the rare stuff.