In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Something Really Scary

TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
This is Doug Wilson's son,DaveW.,showing my son,Morgan,how to arm a nuke and where the trigger for the 20mm chain gun is! Thank God the F-18C wasn't armed or the two of them probably would have seen how it grouped on the hanger door!
DSC00059.jpg

Comments

• Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Neat pic!!

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DaveW. and his friend Chase gave me and my boy a tour or the hanger and the planes they work on. You have to be up close to appreciate how awesome a F-18 really is. It still amazes me that 9 tons of metal goes 1500mph, much less flys! I'm sure my boy already has a pic printed out and it's going to school with him in the morning.
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Back to the days when the flyer or mechanic trained the mounted machine gun fire upon targets to adjust the calibration of aim...in the hanger...
    Just like the Law can have you check your headlights wi be sure you have them pointed the right direction.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Truly a memorable day for him! Thanks for sharing!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Wouldn't it be more fun to show him the Eject-mechanism?

Cool thing - I remember when I was toured around the Danish munitions-plant where my father worked.
    How they made projectiles from scratch, how they mixed gunpowder to certain specs so it would fulfill their accuracy requirements.

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice picture,if I have paid attention, DaveW is based at Whidbey Island. I've been meaning to send this picture, it's my kid standing next to his "ride". An EA6-B Prowler. This was in the late 90s, and they were getting ready for Operation Southern Watch. Thats an impressive facility.[^]

picture.JPG

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HappyNanoq, that was the 1st thing Chase told him not to touch!It would have been a short ride to the steel roof!

Wundudnee, DaveW. is stationed at Lemoore N.A.S., Calif. He is transfering to Florida in April and i'm loosing my shootin buddy!