In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Robert "Big Buck" Maffei

TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
My friend Will bought "Buck the Giant's" old Colt SAA Army from the estate, and brought it over for me to replace the bolt spring. This guy was 7'2" and 400lbs. The gun had to have over sized faux stag grips, and wood panels between the grips and frame, just to fit his hand. The gun belt Will is holding up is for a 70" waist!
GreatWestern007_zps1846d88b.jpg
GreatWestern008_zps606f67b9.jpg
buckmaffei_zpsf3308446.jpg

Comments

• chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He was a big boy that's for sure ! In that picture of him with Dan Blocker 'Hoss', he makes old Dan look small.
    I would like own that SAA.
    ~Chris
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I checked him out on the web and there a few good stories and articles about him. He was an interesting guy and big. He was on Start Trek, Lost in space and several other sci-fi Tv shows. Thanks for sharing.
    RLTW

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad they didn't have S&W 500 back then.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had to laugh at his resume, "Can wrestle pretty gals most anytime" and "Can't ride a horse worth a dang". I have a friend Jim, that was the gun tech at movie studios back in the day, he knew Buck. He said you won't see him on a horse, they couldn't find one big enough.

buck%20maffei%202.jpg