In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Jeep Grand Cherokee-Overland

HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I'm gonna get my Daughter an SUV for College - she loves this one, Any input would be appreciated!!

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob

Comments

• ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't see too many of them, but they are by far the top of the line Jeep. They got a High-Output 4.7 V8 and put out about 260 horsepower. Before the overland the king of jeeps was the 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9, which is also pretty rare. Most of the 98's either had the 5.2 v8 or the 4.0 i6.

But I tell ya, everytime I see an overland I get so excited cuz they are just too sweet.

Also hope you got deep pockets.. [:D]

EDIT: Looked up some more info, they are 265 hp, 325 ft lbs of torque.. http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/jeep/grandcherokee/100248937/specs.html?tid=edmunds.n.researchlanding.leftsidenav..8.Jeep*

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got deep pockets[8D][8D]

• bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I'm enjoying my Jeep Cherokee. Passed more cars in the last week than I had in the last twenty five years.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Winchester-muttWinchester-mutt Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to hijack your thread Hangfire...but did you get the hitch on BDJ? Tell ya what...I have had my Cherokee since last April and still can't get the smile off my face when I get in it! First 5-speed I have had since high school, and that was a LONG time ago!
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and it is AWESOME! Not only does it have the 4.7 L HO V-8 it also has a slew of other "luxury" features such as:

Heated seats
    Rain-sensing wipers
    3 skid plates under the vehicle
    Heavy Duty shocks
    Leather/Suede interior
    Quadra Trac AWD
    17" wheels
    Front and side air bags
    dual zone climate control
    2-way seat memory
    adjustable pedals
    steering wheel
    etc.

Bottom line: I LOVE IT!

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
  • 4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Picked up a 2004 awhile back and just love it. Its really great off the road. The wife loves it too. Your daughter will be pleased if she likes SUV's.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    No hitch yet. Been raining since we talked about it last or I don't get home 'til after dark. Maybe I'll go do it now.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies. We test drove one today-on and off road.Very impressive.[8D]