In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bursting with pride

familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
Just knowing we have a natural born Kenyan as the President of the United States of America.Something to be proud of.To all of you that voted him in---May you get what you deserve.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Oh, those precious moments in life.

I have a three year old daughter that is very interested in my guns. She likes the 'big one' (my M1A) best. She helps me pack my non-gun gear (eyes/ears/cleaning stuff, etc) when I go to the range. We talk about the Eddie Eagle principles, and the importance of cleaning your guns after you use them. She is constantly reminded that guns are fun, but not toys, and she has to be a little bigger before I can take her to the range with me.

Today I reminded my wife that there is a gun show next weekend. My little girl came up to me and said "Daddy, can I go to the gun show too?" When I told her 'yes', her eyes lit up and she hollered "MOMMY, I GET TO GO TO THE GUN SHOW WITH DADDY!"

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She's a keeper... Sounds like you raised her right. [:)]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    pantera7974pantera7974 Member Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my daughter, now 7, has been comming to the range since last year. the first gun she fired was my .357 mag. revolver with 38`s in it, i know it was a bit much for her but she LOVED it, its the same car ride every time, i always quiz her, and tell her the propoer way to handle a firearm, she knows where to keep it pointed, she knows we must obtain permission from the other shooters before going down range, she loves comming with me, she thinks its awsome that she has her own shooting glasses and ear protection, im trying hard to build a great relationship with the two things i love that will hopefully last beyond the years where she thinks dads` a dork and takes off to the mall with friends. i recently bought her her first rifle, its a marlin model 15y, single shot bolt .22, its so small its almost cute, we got rained out this weekend so we couldnt shoot it, maybe this comming weekend i hope, just me, her ,the rifle, and a crap load of ammo.......[:D][:D]...and the camera for the pics.

HAPPINESS IS LIKE PEEING YOURSELF, EVERYBODY CAN SEE IT BUT ONLY YOU CAN FEEL ITS WARMTH.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When my girl was small she would go everywhere with me. If I tried to go to the hardware store or anywhere else without her she would get very upset. If I had someplace to go by myself I would carry my empty lunch box, as it was accepted that I could go to work without her.

Those are good times, enjoy every minute of them.

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've got one of those Romanian .22's with Jordan's name on it. Now that Jared is due to arrive next month I'll have to start looking for another one. Anyone else hold on to guns they don't shoot, just to pass them on someday?

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?