In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Next Phx shoot......ROLL CALL!!!!

kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Been planning already, but in response to some queries on the matter, how does Saturday the 21st sound? The gun show is on the following Saturday and Valentine's Day is this Saturday (somehow I don't think the GF would approve[:D]) so the 21st would seem logical. I'll be bringing the usual stuff. Should have a whopping total of 6-75rd drums and 2-100rd drums for the outing[}:)] If I can get one of the flags from JJ's tree I could build a set of heavy flags (0.5-0.75" thick) for use with the 50AE and 7.62 Tokarev guns. Maybe I'll build a target since I don't have a tree yet. It'd be nice to have something durable enough to shoot rifles at since the dueling tree didn't fair so well against the 8mm[B)] I'll see what steel I got floating around the shop

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN

Comments

• cat-mechaniccat-mechanic Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was hoping for this Saturday, but then again I am single and don't have a ball and chain keeping me from shooting.[:D][:D] I forgot about V-day, we can try for the 21st and see what happens. I have the 2 mowers and TV all ready.[:D] What time? between noon and two like before?

Nothing runs like a Deere, With a CAT on its *
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Works for me. We could make a small shoot for this Sunday afternoon possibly. I would love to go this Saturday but I would be in hella hot water when I got home[B)]

orst-title-1.gif

• ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Here's a good solution...bring the woman and shoot her! Wait...no, that's no good. I'm up for the 21st. Just make your silhouette target a woman in case anyone's frustrated about the 14th. And remember, guys, a good February 14 for your sweetheart means a good March 14 for you! http://www.steakandbjday.com/
  • phxtravisphxtravis Member Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This sunday or next saturday will work for me, next sunday would be a little better(I get paid on the 20th).
    I to am unshackled, freedom comes in handy sometimes.
    Familyguy, as stated on the way back from the shoot last time...wanna meet up at Sportsmans Warehouse so you dont have to take me all the way back to KJ's? This way we wouldn't have to wait for KJ and PhillyBilly, they tend to be on the slow side[;)].

Desert Eagle .50AE
    Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
    Cav Arms CAV-15 MKII(AR-15)
    Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
    Mosin-Nagant M38
    banner-big.jpg
    edited November -1
    almost forgot, I think someone owes me lunch again[:D]

Desert Eagle .50AE
    Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
    Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
    Mosin-Nagant M38
    banner-big.jpg
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, it was dinner. Any preferences?

Yeah, meeting at Sportsmans Warehouse is a good idea, also gives me a chance to blow what little money I have left before we go.[xx(]

I'm in for the 21st, if anything changes let me know.

KJ - you don't think the flags will stand up to the hot stuff? I remember the guy saying they'd handle 44 mag, but I don't remember if I asked about the 454 (and I assume if it handles my 454 it can take the 50ae). If there was such a thing as a reliable 50rd SKS mag I could really contribute to the "World War III cook-off"[:p]

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi guys, I don't know if I can get the Blazer traget vehicle up and ready that soon. I would like to try and make it out with you this time, but as of yet I cannot commit. Email me some phone numbers so I can make some realtime plans with someone. Thanks!

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?
    edited November -1
    We should all pitch in and get a case of Tannerite [:D], there is a guy locally how sells a case for $100

Desert Eagle .50AE
    Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
    Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
    Mosin-Nagant M38
    banner-big.jpg
  • TazmuttTazmutt Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, I can't make it the 21st. Stuck in the frozen tundra of Upstate NY until end of March. I'll look forward to future shoots !

"A Fear of Weapons is a sign of Retarded Sexual
    and Emotional Maturity" Sigmund Freud
    "MOLON LABE !"
    edited November -1
    just wanted to bring this back to the top, havent heard from Ari yet.

Desert Eagle .50AE
    Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
    Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
    Mosin-Nagant M38
    banner-big.jpg
    edited November -1
    6 days to go and counting......[:D][:p][8D]

Does Ari even know about this one?[?]

edited November -1
    What day? I'm assuming same bat time, same bat channel. Saturday?
    edited November -1
    Yes, Saturday. I can't wait.[:D]

edited November -1
    Yep, we're on for the 21st. There is some bad news however. Me and Phillybilly went down to the "car spot" and now it is just the "spot". Some good for nothing municipality towed off the cars (would have liked to seen the tow truck, Humvee perhaps[;)]) and removed everything, it was squeaky clean. We may need to build and bring some reactive targets to replace the missing cars.[:(!]

orst-title-1.gif

edited November -1
    I wonder if they are gonna be keeping a close watch around there now, may have to keep the place spotless just so we dont get kicked.

Desert Eagle .50AE
    Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
    Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
    Mosin-Nagant M38
    banner-big.jpg
  • kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry guys, for two reasons: My target vehicle won't be available for another month[:(], and I won't be here the weekend of the 21st[:(][:(]. I'll get out to shoot with you guys some day.[V]

James
    royalthaiarmy.gifrtaflag.jpg
    Do your troops train with live cobras? ROYAL THAI ARMY DOES!
    edited November -1
    KJ - besides the tree, I've got the spinners for .22's. Also, a frame about 6' tall to hang two plates, one at head level the other at chest level, but no scrap steel to make the two plates.

Then again, if I did have something for the new frame, you guys might put holes in it with the rifles....[;)]

Oh, and don't forget the bird thrower.

edited November -1
    I'll have to get some more 20-guage ammo. Who'dathunkit that the 75 rounds I had would be gone so quick? Guess I should put the rest of my cheapo .223 on stripper clips and make sure my guns're clean and ready to rock.
    edited November -1
    I'm gonna have to back out of this one[:(], next time for sure.

Desert Eagle .50AE
    Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
    Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
    Mosin-Nagant M38
    banner-big.jpg
    edited November -1
    We'll be a "GO" for Sat afternoon. Me an Phillybilly will be making a run up to J&G Sales early as to be back before noon. If any of y'all want to tag along it'll be a good chance to buy some ammo and stuff. Also it looks like rain is in the forecast for Sat so dress accordingly and wipe the guns down good[B)]

orst-title-1.gif

edited November -1
    Hey Trav, what happened?

edited November -1
    no ammo and no $$$, actually I probably wont be able to go again until April.
    KJ thats a long drive just for ammo

Desert Eagle .50AE
    Spring 1911-A1 Mil-Spec
    Marlin/Glenfield Mod 60
    Mosin-Nagant M38
    banner-big.jpg
    edited November -1
    Well this sucks. I have to work tomorrow and don't know if I will get off early enough to get out there. Had a machine catch fire and I have to pull out all the burnt stuff. If I get off early enough I will be out there though.

edited November -1
    I'm still planning on going. I bought 200 rounds of 20-gauge today.

On a side note, I've never been to J&G. What's the place like? (No way will I be up early enough to tag along. :P)
    edited November -1
    Well, I'm still in, and I'm trying to convince trav.

Cat, knowing Joe and Mikey, you'll get there before they do!

I wouldn't mind hitting J&G, what's the time frame?