In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Guns For Roses (C+P)

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Texas Church Tries Guns for Roses on Valentines
Sat Feb 14, 7:41 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

DALLAS (Reuters) - It's Valentine's Day (news - web sites) Texas style and a church in Dallas wants people to show their love by giving up their guns.

The First Presbyterian Church in Dallas is sponsoring a program for people to turn in their guns to mark the Valentine's celebration of love. The sponsors will give $50 for each gun, and would be glad if the cash was used to purchase candy or flowers for Valentine's Day.

"We are not trying to disarm Cupid of his bow and arrow, but provide another meaningful opportunity for individuals to show their affection for their families by making their homes safe this Valentine's Day," said Bruce Buchanan, a pastor at the church.

The church has sponsored gun buybacks before but Buchanan said he moved the program to Valentine's Day because most of the people who turned in guns had families and they did not want the guns in their houses.

The church is aiming to buyback about 150 guns. The Valentine's Day celebration will be overseen by armed police.

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Comments

• toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    GOOD GRIEF!Now the churches are becoming liberals. Can't remember it saying anywhere in the Bible that wepons and self defense are against God's wishes.[}:)]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let's see... Trading something that virtually doesn't ever depreciate in value for something that will be dead before the week's over and will have no value?!?!?!

I too would trade roses for guns, any takers?
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $50 dollars huh? I sold a piece of crap Raven .25 for $30.

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hate that term "buyback"...They didn't own it before me, so how can they buy it back...Matter of semantics, but it sounds good to the Libs when it's phrased that way...[V]

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    OK! here, take my 1000 dollar Colt 1911 and give me 50 bucks. YEA RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder what they been smoking?????????????

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will bid a rose AND a carnation, for every gun sent to me.
    Top that.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    YEA RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder what they been smoking?????????????

Well, if that was a Catholic church, I'd answer that with "The altar boys..."[}:)][;)][}:)][:o)]

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?