In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Saddam History..

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html

Things we have forgotton..or never knew...

Comments

• HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Do you think the American people will understand our "policy"?[;)]

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.

"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards out of men" Burke
  • bluecollarbluecollar Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like common politician double-talk to the extreme that everyone seems to have accepted as standard

"We must all fear evil men, but there is another kind of fear we must fear most...and that is the indifference of good men"
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, he always cooperated fully and was at our beck and call.

April 11 1991, UN passes resolution 687 which calls for a ceasefire and for Iraq's weapons of mass destruction to be destroyed.
    June 9, 1991, UN inspectors begin bio/chem inspections.

Aug 15, 1991, UN passes resolution 707 demanding compliance with weapons inspectors.

Oct 15, 1994, UN passes resolution 949 demanding Iraq refrain from threatening its neighbours and again orders compliance with weapons inspectors.

July 1, 1995, Iraq admits it has bio/chem weapons.

June 12, 1996, UN passes resolution 1060 denouncing Iraq's refusal to allow access to sites.

June 21, 1997, Un passes resolution 1115 condemning the repeated refusal of Iraq to allow weapons inspectors to inspection sites.

Oct 23, 1997, UN passes resolution 1134 which reaffirms Iraq's obligations to cooperate with weapons inspectors after Iraqi officials announce that "presidential sites" are off-limits to inspectors.

Nov 12, 1997, UN passes resolution 1137 which rejects Iraqi government's announced intention to prohibit weapons inspections.

Nov 13, 1997, Iraq kicks weapons inspectors out of Iraq.

Nov 20, 1997, Iraq lets weapons inspectors back into Iraq.

Sep 9, 1998, UN passes resolution 1194 condemning Iraq's decision to cease cooperation with UN weapons inspectors.

Nov 5, 1998, UN passes resolution 1205 again condemning Iraq's decision to cease cooperation with UN weapons inspectors.

Dec 16, 1998, UN weapons inspectors leave Iraq again due to Iraq's refusal to cooperate with the UN.

Nov 8, 20002, the UN unanimously approves resolution 1441 demanding that Iraq provide immediate, unconditional accounting of weapons of mass destruction and to allow inspectors to verify.

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Didn't Saddam keep saying he didn't have any WMD and the USG kept saying he did? If he wasn't lying about them, then who was the liar? Sorta moot, since even tho Saddam was telling the truth, his country got invaded anyway. [}:)]

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    July 1, 1995, Iraq admits it has bio/chem weapons.

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ouch.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Saddam was supposed to PROVE he didn't have the WMD'S. He kept interfering with the inspectors, making himself out to be lying. If he didn't actually have the WMD's, why did he do that?

As far as befriending a country, that later becomes an enemy, this is not the first time.

Seems like back in the 1800's, after Texas gained their independence from Mexico, Santa Anna was in disgrace. When the USA started having problems with Mexico, Santa Anna was helped to gain power. The result?
    The USA became involved in a war with Mexico anyway.

Another, more recent example. WW2. The USSR was not exactly our friend, or enemy either. We became allied with them against Germany.

Countries befriend one another on what's taking place at the time. Ideals change. Friendships and allies change. It's a fact that goes back hundreds of years worldwide.

So what if we helped Saddam in the past. At the time, he was the enemy if Iran. Have you ever heard:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The UN this..the UN that...

This the same UN that Gorge Bush told to " ssssshove it "..and invaded Iraq anyway..in spite of the fact there was and is no ties to the towers ?

Fancy that.

Wondern..just wondern'..you'all gonna have the same blind devotion to the UN when your fedgov invites them over here to enforce this or that imperial edict ?...Oh..I forgot..we have lost 98% of the cases we have brought to defend sovernigty of this country already..so I guess I have my answer,don't I ?
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    RebelJames posted:
    "Saddam was supposed to PROVE he didn't have the WMD'S."

How do you prove a negative?
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DeadMonkey - you know full well this isn't esoteric philisophical concepts, but reality. He was supposed to prove he destroyed them, provide paperwork, show facilities, and in general comply with inspectors (let's see you or Hairy claim he did) which he did not do.

Or are you guys into revising history? I seem to remember that at the opening days of the war, when a certain missile was used against Kuwait by a certain poor picked on dictator that wasn't supposed to have said weapon, who in fact claimed he did not, you and Hairy dodged that question. You know, the delivery system for bio weapons that he admitted to having but wouldn't show that he destroyed?

I admire you guys for standing up to the Bush rah-rah's around here, but you make it harder to take in what you have to say when you dodge and deny stuff that is right there.

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?