In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

"Offended" poofed?

babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Why?? Was someone "offended"?? Funny that it went all day and over 600 reads no one got "offended". Was a good give and take among members till it turned "the wrong way" when BR started backtracking. When I get enough stars can I request a poof? B.B.

Comments

• stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    quote:
    ............when BR started backtracking. When I get enough stars can I request a poof? B.B.

Better than that Babybear, when you get enough stars, someone will probably nominate you as Gunbroker's "First Lady".

The Bush administration sends tens of thousands of American military to protect the sovereignty of nations around the world, while trading our own sovereignty for hispanic votes!
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    I had a great clean joke in the thread........now I'm really offended! [:(!][:(!][:(!]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I might have been offended. But maybe not.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    I didn't see anything really offensive, only people getting thins off their breast![8D]

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    By the time I started to feel offended I forgot what the cause was ... this aging has some benefits, ya know[;)]

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,063 ******
    edited November -1
    I was gone all day. Just got here.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    I was gone all day. Just got here.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net

Then who did the deed?

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm offended that nobody knows what happened!

That's it,what's Mateomasfeo's number! I'm gonna sue somebody![:0]

"Been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding.The cretins cloning and feeding,and I don't even own a T.V."---Harvey Danger
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Todd...
    I have no idea what happened...I went to bed after I posted to DWS that the original question was HOW, when people say they are offended, it had hurt and that it was an example...nothing more, nothing less...
    But some want to read it their way, and thats fine....I, and a lot of others knew what I had meant...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion

Hudson.gif
    edited November -1
    I think now it is the 75 post poof rule. After 75 post...POOF...

edited November -1
    It's OK Beth. Trust me,I understand completely. I've been POOFED twice in the last two weeks! Well, least I ain't a newbie no mo'.[;)] Y'all will have mail in a bit.........

BTW,I thought it was a good post,just FYI.[:D]

"Been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding.The cretins cloning and feeding,and I don't even own a T.V."---Harvey Danger
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    I'm offended by the offence of the offending offenders.[:D][:p]

aliens.jpg
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Simple. Too many people mentioning certain parts of the anatomy.
    We have never been allowed to before. Janet did not change things.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    It's a conspiracy!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babybear
    Why?? Was someone "offended"?? Funny that it went all day and over 600 reads no one got "offended". Was a good give and take among members till it turned "the wrong way" when BR started backtracking. When I get enough stars can I request a poof? B.B.

Why would you bring this topic back if no one else cares too? Let it die a peaceful death. Thank you, Don.

edited November -1
    Mateo,can I sue for "conspiracy"? I mean,ever since I read this post,I've been fearing for my life,can't sleep,haven't wet my bed,trouble concentrating,haven't been able to buy any guns or anything! Oh,the humanity![V][:(][:o)]

• babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as being a newbie I thought ranks or stars didn't mean anything anyway. I've been a member of this board for a year with not many posts but I've been poofed (2) times starting a thread and (3) times in a group discussion.......Thank you for your support.....B.B.
    edited November -1
    You need to quote someone when you are talking about changes in the past because us old fellers have a hard time following. Now, what is the problem?

• stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Had nothing to do with YOU BB.
    The thread had degenerated into dribble.

The Bush administration sends tens of thousands of American military to protect the sovereignty of nations around the world, while trading our own sovereignty for hispanic votes!
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was offended once,but I'm feeling much better now.
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

standard.jpg
    Limerick.gif
    It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

ATF,Eagle Guns
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Mateo,can I sue for "conspiracy"?

Yes...

But you would lose...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
    edited November -1
    [Yes...

But you would lose...)

Now I'm REALLY offended![:0][:D]

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you sure it didn't just slip back to page 3 for lack of interest?

And why is there always a thread asking about a poofed thread?

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • babybearbabybear Member Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank You Stanman for clearing it up for me. [:D][:D].......B.B.