In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gateway PC problem / advice (kinda long)

kickertkdkickertkd Member Posts: 123 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I gave my mother a new Gateway PC for christmas about 2-3 years ago nice system but the day I set it up problems started. The first of many was if froze everytime I pressed a key, ok called tech support. They informed that I would need to reformat the HD useing fat32 and reinstall everything ok I should call back after the formating is done they would help will the install. So I did it called back different tech this time he tells me fat32 is wronge I have to reformat again useing NTHF(I think) and to call back. Ok reformat again call back again everything is ok now. So I switch monitors between system (both Gateways) my mother gives me her flat panel and takes my 17 inch crt. Everything was working great then the 17 inch monitor started to turn pink and shanking ok called tech support I'm informed that I'm not allowed to switch monitors on my computers after I spoke to a manager and informed him that I paid for I'll do what I want with it he understood. Finally they replaced the monitor. It arrives a week later the housing is scratch lables are peeling off & its yellow so I called customer service explained the problem. Ok they will replace the replacement 3 weeks go by nothing I call back oh they forgot to proccess the paper they will over night it it arrives 3 days later. Everyrhing is fine for a few months than the monitor starts again same as before I call they replace. Well my mother moves to Florida everything is fine the new monitor starts again so she calles tech support they won't talk to her because I paid for it, when I ordered it I told the rep to put my mothers name on the order so she would have the warrenty do they NO! So I call again and explain it was a gift in the mean time she is fed up with the pink screen so she drives it to a gateway store about 30 miles from her house. They look at and call me to ok everything they want to replace the gut of the cpu. They do it all is fine for a month or so it starts again. She drives back to the gateway store they order a replacement system for Gateway. It arrives a week later CPU, flat panel, the works my mother thinks its the flat panel was a (sorry we screwed up so many time)"gift" because it is on record many time that the flat panel was not on that system, she ships the old system back. End of story NO gateway ship me the 17 inch monitor and a bill for $400 either I ship them a flat panel or pay the bill I call customer service 4 time before I get a manager that can read the case notes they pay for it to be shipped to Flordia. I get a call from my mother last week the new CPU less than a year out is dead. She called tech support they tried the recovery disks nothing then they tell her she not on the account and they are not allowed to discuss anything with her. My mother's husban went out and bought her a new dell. Sorry for the life story now for the the question / advice what can I do? Refund replacement my mother is fine with the new system but I could use the upgrade or refund as my system is getting old. Thank you!