In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Howard Stern..whats up now?

kriskris Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
turn on the radio at noon...97.1 d.j's blabbing about Howard Stern getting the boot from some markets...what did i miss?..never listen to his show...to know what i was missing...

it is good that we meet in the struggle of life or death.. .....it shall be life!

Comments

• 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i dont like to listen to howard stern anymore his show's have turned into crap and are really annoying,i dont feel like listening to strippers or hookers talking about their lives when i wake up.i listen to lex and terry those guys are hillarious

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    More fallout over the Janet Jackcon crap. Apparently it is too hard to turn off a tv or radio if something is offensive to you. We need the government to help us.[}:)]

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, it all stems from Janet. The FCC determined we needed to be better regulated. The first to go was Bubba the Love Sponge, he was fined a massive amount and was released from clearchannel (he was also on XM but no longer). Then soon after Bubba was canned, Stern was canned for being objectionable. If you dont like what they are saying just change the channel. The FCC is getting too much control, they want to regulate Satellite Radio for content. The problem is that people pay for satellite radio, why should the FCC have a say?

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    There is an appropriate time and place for programs dealing with adult issues. Prime time during the Superbowl was neither. I beieve a while back the FCC set guidelines as to when and where programs with adult content were allowed. They have failed to enforce those regulations and the media has pushed and taken advantage of it. At 10 pm I am home and can turn off the TV or send the kid to bed if I don't want him to see something. but when that programing happens on a weekend or between school hrs. and bedtime someone is not always around to monitor what is being watched.

By the way I agree with the Jackson supporters in regards to the double standard when dishing out fault. That creep Timberlake knew exactly what he was doing and was as much at fault as Jackson. If it was just an "Act" why did he physically grab her clothing. I didn't see anyone twisting his arm to do it.

Since the big D Howards shows have been nothing more than his attemts to get laid.
  • 357357 Member Posts: 403 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RUGERGUNZ
    Yup, it all stems from Janet. The FCC determined we needed to be better regulated. The first to go was Bubba the Love Sponge, he was fined a massive amount and was released from clearchannel (he was also on XM but no longer). Then soon after Bubba was canned, Stern was canned for being objectionable. If you dont like what they are saying just change the channel. The FCC is getting too much control, they want to regulate Satellite Radio for content. The problem is that people pay for satellite radio, why should the FCC have a say?

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin

It's that Dickhead Powell.

He also thinks it's a good idea to let one media conglomerate own and control all of what we read, see, and hear in the media.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clear Channel tightens muzzle on radio hosts
    February 26, 2004
    BY ROBERT FEDER SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST
    The biggest radio company in the world became the latest to kowtow to Congress and federal regulators on their election-year rampage against so-called indecent material on the air.
    Clear Channel Radio, the San Antonio-based parent company of 1,200 radio stations (including seven in Chicago), issued a new "zero-tolerance" policy on broadcast indecency Wednesday and threatened to fire any host cited by the Federal Communications Commission.
    The company also announced that it was modifying the contracts of all on-air performers "to ensure that DJs share financial responsibility if they utter indecent material on the air."
    With similar "zero-tolerance" policies in effect among virtually all major broadcast groups, the result has been a wave of fear and paranoia throughout the radio industry. Popular shock jocks and talk show hosts who made millions for their companies (and themselves) suddenly are being treated like pariahs.
    Clear Channel on Wednesday also suspended Howard Stern's morning show from all of its stations that air the New York-based syndicated shock jock.
    Even the biggest groups are signaling they no longer will fight the FCC's seemingly arbitrary enforcement of indecency rules.
    "If the FCC accuses us of wrongdoing by issuing a proposed fine, we will take immediate action," said Mark Mays, president of Clear Channel Communications. "We will suspend the DJ in question and perform a swift investigation. If we or the government ultimately determine the offending broadcast is indecent, the DJ will be terminated without delay."
    The move came one day after Clear Channel fired Todd "Bubba the Love Sponge" Clem, a former Chicago radio personality whose Tampa, Fla.-based syndicated morning show drew a $755,000 fine for indecency.
    Perhaps more significantly, the move came one day before John Hogan, president and chief executive officer of Clear Channel Radio, was expected to testify before the House Telecommunications Subcommittee at a hearing on the Broadcast Decency Enforcement Act of 2004.
    The proposed law would increase maximum fines for indecency tenfold -- to $275,000 per violation -- and could call for revocation of broadcast licenses.
    In Chicago, Clear Channel owns WGCI-FM (107.5), WGCI-AM (1390), WVAZ-FM (102.7), WNUA-FM (95.5), WLIT-FM (93.9), WKSC-FM (103.5) and WRLL-AM (1690).

Shock Jock Howard Stern Vents on Air
    Thu Feb 26,10:17 AM ET
    NEW YORK - A day after the nation's largest radio station chain suspended shock jock Howard Stern's show for alleged indecency, Stern vented on the air Thursday with uncharacteristic restraint.

"They are so afraid of me and what this show represents," he said.
    Clear Channel Radio suspended Stern from six stations - the only outlets among its 1,200 stations that air the show - after an on-air interview Tuesday with socialite Paris Hilton's ex-boyfriend Rick Salomon during which a caller used a racial slur. Salomon is the man involved in the hotel heiress' infamous homemade sex video.
    Stern's show is still being carried on stations owned by a rival radio network, Infinity Broadcasting, that distributes it to major markets nationwide. In 1995, Infinity paid the largest cumulative FCC (news - web sites) fine to date, $1.7 million, for various violations by Stern's radio show.
    The six Clear Channel stations involved are in Fort Lauderdale and Orlando, Fla., Rochester, N.Y., San Diego, Pittsburgh and Louisville, Ky.
    "Clear Channel drew a line in the sand today with regard to protecting our listeners from indecent content, and Howard Stern's show blew right through it," Clear Channel's president and CEO, John Hogan, said in a news release Wednesday. "It was vulgar, offensive and insulting, not just to women and African-Americans but to anyone with a sense of common decency."
    Stern said Thursday morning near the beginning of his show that he wasn't even sure he should talk about it.
    "I could blow my stack, but ... ," Stern said, trailing off. "A caller used the N word, and I hung up on him."
    Hogan was scheduled to testify along with top officials from television networks at the second congressional hearing this month on broadcast indecency in the wake of the exposure of Janet Jackson (news)'s breast during the Super Bowl halftime show Feb. 1.
    "Janet Jackson is now forgotten and I'm on the front page of every newspaper," said Stern. "I can't imagine the pressure they're putting on this guy."
    Clear Channel said Stern's show would not air until officials are assured it will conform to acceptable broadcasting standards.
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Do you remember when Howard Stern was on late night t.v.? Some of it was really crude. I watched it a couple of times just to see what it was about. One was when he had this midget that was drunk, drinking vodka out of a big gulp cup, and Howie Mandel wouldn't shake his hand (afraid of germs) and the midget got really pissed and started making fun of Mandel and telling him he sucked and he wanted to kick Mandels butt. Mandel ended up leaving because Stern couldn't/wouldn't make the lil guy stop, he was too busy laughing and egging him on. I don't even think I would be able to describe the other show. I only caught the last few minutes but it was enough to make me not want to watch him again. Just plain wrong.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy, the next thing you know is going to happen is, the Fed's will cut social security benefits in half and raise the retirement age to 100.[;)]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Kris,
    He was on this am (97.1), I usually catch a couple minuets before I switch to news, clear channel booted him off their markets only.
    Most days he is to raunchy eaven for me!
    I miss Dick the bruiser[:o)]
    Don

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • kriskris Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    for sure J.J and the Bruiser Rocked detroit radio...my brother won a key for the calaway corvette they gave away..he lost

it is good that we meet in the struggle of life or death.. .....it shall be life!
  • kriskris Member Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    stern reminds me of an ex 1960's hippie with a junior high mentality that never wants to grow up....saw a photo of him..geez what's with the 'im going blind gotta wear sunglasses' thing?..ah...image that must be it...lol