In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Recap of my day..

PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Today was overall a good day. I took a day off from college and rounded up some of my guyz and we all went shooting! It was fun to take some people out to the range that previously hadn't done much shooting. After the usual safety breifs we got to it. The new people had a great time, and all want to go again! SUCCESS!! On a side note I did make one * mistake. I was shooting my VZ-24 at the 75yd target and coudn't hit the bowling pin I was aiming. All my shots seemed to go about 3 feet over the target. I was highly confused, as I am normally a decent shot with my mauser. After emptying the 5 shots downrange I paused between reloading to figure out what was wrong. One my friends while looking at my rifle had changed the back sight to 900yds!! NO WONDER!! I was shooting so high! After resetting the sight to the nromal distance, I smacked the bowling pin with my next shot. Life is good!! Well end of story, hope you all had as good of a day as I did.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr

Comments

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I had a fairly important day watching CSPAN2, watching CSPAN2 and watching CSPAN2. [:D] But you had a lot more fun, no doubt about it. I have GOT to get to a range. I'm getting cabin fever.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    You're in college? Are you majoring in Ebonics? Is that where you learned to spell "guyz"??

Quit cutting school and go back until you learn to express yourself in English.

There are also (at least) two other major errors in the language in your post.

Anyone can be taught to shoot. An education is more difficult to achieve.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    I thought about staying home and watching C-span, but after my recent daily onslaughts emailing senators and representatives, I figrued it would be a good day to go shooting. I try to take new people shooting with me all the time. At college I have met a lot of people who have always wanted to shoot, but have never had the opportunity or someone knowledable to teach them safety. I have yet to have anyone not enjoy the experience[:)] As I said Life is good. Every person I can educate on this liberal campus is one more plausible ally in our war against the gun grabbers. People are less likely to be indifferent if they have gone shooting and realize how valuable and FUN the shooting sports\disciplines can be!

edited November -1
    Doug: Please excuse my slang. I am eminently capable of communicating in a gramatically correct manner. I did not realize that it was so offensive. After writing many papers as gramatically perfect as possible, it is nice to be able to unwind and not be as meticulous in my word choice and placement. In my future posts I will attempt to not use any slang, and thus offend anyone.

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    sounds like a good day to me. Its ok to miss class once and a while

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
    edited November -1
    For the record: I didn't miss class, I just took a day off from studying. I returned to Kalamazoo in time for my 1800 class. I can't afford to miss classes that are actually in my aviation curriculum.

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds lik a gud day ta me.
    Keep takin newbies out ta shoot.
    Convert more of um.
    Ain't no matter how ya say it, long as ya * yur point across. [;)] [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Pat... sometimes I go a little nutz. I apologyz.

I'm glad you had a great day. Also glad you DO know the language. Thank you for taking newbies to the range.

Please forgive me.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
    edited November -1
    Not a problem Doug. After rereading my previous post, I was amazed at the sheer amount of gramatical errors, instead of coming accross as enthusiastic, I sounded like an uneducated moron. I will still try to write a more clearly and correctly. I have enough detractors in this world without creating more through laziness on my part.