In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Possible gun nut?

kuhlewulfkuhlewulf Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I had a catharsis a moment ago. While reading another post in the Expert forum I hastily went to grab for my Gun Traders Guide. In the process I sent AR mags flying all over the floor. My laptop sets on several old issues of the Shotgun News. I have one whole desk IN MY BEDROOM devoted to reloading supplies and eqiupment. My pool table has the following on it: A 1903 barreled action, two dis-assembled 1911's, a brass tumbler, and several plastic tupperware boxes of 45 and 40 brass. Every time I close my bedroom door old gunstocks fall down from behind it. I went to get some change out of my pocket at the store and all I had was 4 empty casings and a set of Millet pistol sights. I have more old targets on my wall than pictures, and the targets all have dates, I have no idea when the pictures were taken. Right next to my toothbrush holder is a bottle of Birchwood Casey Gun Blue. Next to the salt and pepper on the kitchen table is a dremel. There are stains on my kitchen stove from parkerizing. I have more holsters than belts. And finally, I refuse to throw away the pumpkins from halloween because I don't want to waste such great targets. Am I sick? Do I need help? or are there others here like me?

James

Whats next? A ban on automatic transmissions?

Comments

• TazmuttTazmutt Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yur a good man Charlie Brown !!! [:D][:D] Sounds like my place but have no pool table and many dead animals on the walls. I also have 3 9mm holes in my (steel) door from testing new 9mm loads with insufficient phone bookage. Was too durn cold to shoot outside ... oops [:p] yes, I was wearing ear plugs ...

"A Fear of Weapons is a sign of Retarded Sexual
    and Emotional Maturity" Sigmund Freud
    "MOLON LABE !"
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are hard core!!! Just yesterday I was sorting out a thousand rounds of random brass that had fallen into my dresser, I found a extra 870 barrel, and about three speedloaders, I was wondering how bad I have it. Compared to you I'm a complete novice!! If nothing else you've made me feel better about my "problem".

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    You are'nt a real gun nut until you find several guns you forgot you had.

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sitting here looking around, I see the pile of ammo, mags, pistol cases, etc. that I have to walk "around" to get to my desk. I have to watch where I put my feet UNDER the desk, so I will not knock over any of the boxes or bags of misc. reloading, holsters, belts, mags (that I do not have guns for) books, and other related items. Over in the corner are cases of shotgun ammo. Along the wall there are boxes lined up to hold the different empty brass, when I come home from a shoot. At the end of the boxes are two stacks of targets, one stack used, the other new. The shipping table still has the shotgun, rifle, and a handgun from the last 3-gun on it. Along with the spotting scope I used to help a friend site in his hunting rifle. In front of the table are a couple of big sacks of ammo, holsters, black powder, and I am not sure what all, that I bought at a yard sale and have not taken the time to sort through yet. Those bags are holding up the old 11-87 barrel I took off the shotgun when I went to a shorter barrel, and a Ruger composite stock that I am not sure what it fits. A couple of weeks ago I did find a High Standard that I had "misplaced" quite a while back, while I was looking for a shotgun that I was going to repair. Sure am glad I found that High Standard, had been looking for it for quite a spell and about given up on it, still have not found the shotgun. The wife can always tell how many stages there were at the match, that is how many "live" rounds I have in my pocket when I get home. I think there may be live rounds on every table in the house.

No, you are not the only one.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • earthmvrearthmvr Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your obviously not married. Or if you are your wife's a gun nut too. Either way I'm envious. I get yelled at for just opening up a bottle of Hoppe's cleaning solvent in the house. "You're stinking up the whole house!!!!"

4dff19a9.gifc716f163.gif72d96bc6.jpg
    Proud member of the NRA and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was
  • H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep saving those pumpkins. They explode alot better after they're good and mushy![:D]

10x.jpgFort_Smith.gif
    "If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas
  • HumboldtHumboldt Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can honestly say that when you've purchased every set of dies for every caliber that you think you'd like to shoot from 17 to 45 by the time your 14 years old, you know your a gun nut. Yes that was me. I don't mean just full length dies, but I've got one heck of a collection of wilson dies as well. As a kid they hardly made a cartridge I didn't want. I still haven't built a 375 H&H.

Boldt
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hoppe's is payback for nail polish remover![:D]
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes you are sick... Stocks don't belong behind the door falling down when you close it! [}:)]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Man, am I glad to read these posts! I've been afraid that I was alone in my "mess". The wife is on my case all the time to clean up the room (she helped me ONCE).

Anyone have a good way to store miscellaneous gun parts? I've got them in plastic bags all over and am looking for a better storage method. [:)]

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • Supreme OneSupreme One Member Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, try this one out.

http://www.webcom.com/gun_guy/gun_nut.htm

Michael

Paranoid keeps you alive, worry just gives you stomach problems.
    - .- -.- . / -- -.-- / .- -.. ...- .. ... . --..-- / .. .----. -- / -. --- - / ..- ... .. -. --. / .. - / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- .-.-.-
    Politics- From the words poly, meaning many, and tics, which are just little blood suckers.
    .-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / .- / ... . -..- ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / - .-. .- -. ... -- .. - - . -.. / -.. .. ... . .- ... . .-.-.-
    If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
    sound
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I would change the title of this post to Probable Gun Nut Is that caling the kettle black or what [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    For storage of misc junk and parts: When a local Hardware went out of business, I bought up about 75 of those pull out tras that they keep the little screws and fittings in. 4 for stipper clips, a couple for gun springs, one for each different reloading press's spare parts, they work great for brass that I have collected in anticipation of getting a gun for them....

I had to clean my stuff off of the kitchen table yesterday, she wanted to eat valentines dinner on it, I haven't seen the table in 6 months. The safe is full, cabinet is full, I had to buy 20 .50 cal cans to put ammo in that was all over the place at the last gunshow. I keep going down to the basement to load ammo, but I end up spending all my time clearing off the work bench. I lost a mossberg 500 a while back for a few weeks... It was just tucked back in the corner of the closet, I know I didn't put it there.

Gotta go, the BBT just showed up with boxes that have ORM-d sticker on them.

rich

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    That list of traits hit home. But happily, what would be a personality disorder in another hobby or avocation, is among us considered as dedication. Lock and load.
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Sounds Normal to me, What's your problem????????????[:D][:D]
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im a neat fanatic everything has to be nicely stacked up or in sections for each gun.As for Holsters Im guessing I have 50 or so but Im not going to say how many of them are actually in use.I do have a plastic grocery bag I keep all my un used holsters in in a door that swings out at the bottom of on one of my gun cabinets.All cleaning supply's are in a large midway cleaning kit.Its got accessories to clean everything fro .17 cal to .50 and all shotgun cleaning supply's as well.I will admit the bottom part is cramed full and a mess,but the top part nicely holds all jags cleaning brushes,patch pullers and patches.I always keep a plastic fish bowl shaped case of Birchwood Casey silicone patches for use on my Handguns.I use CLP for lubrication points and on all rifles.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    KuhlWolfe I will make it my new goal in life to reach your level. Wish me luck![:D]

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr