In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's the fastest you driven,,

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,091 ******
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
your house?? Think they hit 32mph on a straight away when moving ours.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    moved an 8 span irrigation system 32 miles once ...made a turn table that was higher than than the cab so i could turn 360 if i needed to..126' spans...had one nice stretch of blacktop and it was warm, nice weather and i was trucking along till i noticed i was going about 55mph......slowed down before i hit any rough spots...got em all home and set up in two days
  • Options
    GTGrammyGTGrammy Member Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    your house?? Think they hit 32mph on a straight away when moving ours.
    Followed it doing 55 when they moved it kinda strange having all your possessions going down the hiway at 55
    [:)][:)][:)][:)][;)][;)]
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I guess not many people haul their house with them looks like one %= 2 out of CLOSE TO 200
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I try to keep my house parked, especially if I've had a few drinks.
  • Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always heard, "you can sleep in your car but cannot drive your house."
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our house doesnt have a steering wheel, so I dont drive it.
  • Options
    texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought a 12x80' trailer house across the road from my Dad a few years back to take to the ranch. The guy hooks it up, gets directions and rolls. I walk over to my truck and watch him turn onto the highway about 1/4 mile up the road. When I get to the highway I can see 4 miles down the road. No visual on trailer or support truck, so I nail it to catch them. 100 miles to the ranch and my truck is governed at 94. I catch them 30 miles down the road. Begin to follow and they are running between 80-85, passing cars on the divided highway! If they hadn't of had to go through 3 small towns I don't think I would have caught them.

They lost the wide load sign off the back of the trailer about 22 miles from the ranch and I stopped to pick it up. I didn't catch them until they got to the ranch gate. Told them I was impressed with any trailer house that could withstand hurricane force winds. Guy didn't get it, until his support truck driver told him how fast he was driving. Driver shrugged his shoulders, said it pulled good and his speedometer was broken....
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    120 mph on the highway driving Mom's 1990 Buick LeSabre. Never knew that car had another passing gear past 90.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In 1985 when I got my Clayton 14'x 60' it went at least 60 mph down the road. After about 5 years later it went up the road when I sold it bout as fast. The POS had just about fell a part when I sold it.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    Our house doesnt have a steering wheel, so I dont drive it.

+1