In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old Forend - Winchester Shotgun Maybe? Help ID

KX500KX500 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
I have an old forend that has been laying around for a couple decades & it is time for it to leave the house one way or another. It could be worth listing but I probably need to figure out what it is from first.

I'm pretty sure it is from a Winchester semi-auto (model 40 maybe) - I think I saw the receiver once & recall it being recoil operated. Have forend, forend nut & recoil spring. I have pictures which I'd be glad to share, but not sure how.

Comments

• Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just smear something that looks like blood on it and toss it out in a good public place..

Sit back and watch the show.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://www.GunBroker.com/item/641830729

I finally got around to listing this thing. Any help with IDing this thing would be greatly appreciated. My starting price is probably too high, but who knows, it cupid be a treasure!
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a 1911 Winchester shotgun for-end.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, it does - thank you very much.

Ironically, I did own a 1911 - and this forearm sat a few feet from it.

Of course I wasn't in the 'get rid of it' stage at that point, so never put 2 & 2 together.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No Problem. I have one and its leaning up in the corner of the room. I looked over at it when I saw the pic in the autcion.

Those are really neat shotguns and they got a bad rap because people didn't know how to load them.
    RLTW

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    "Those are really neat shotguns and they got a bad rap because people didn't know how to load them."....................no, they got a 'bad rap' because they where a very bad shotgun. Winchester tried (and failed) to get around Browning's patent. They made more parts changes than the old AMC.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY
    "Those are really neat shotguns and they got a bad rap because people didn't know how to load them."....................no, they got a 'bad rap' because they where a very bad shotgun. Winchester tried (and failed) to get around Browning's patent. They made more parts changes than the old AMC.

[:D] agreed!

The Widow Maker!