In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rossi Single shots

crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
I know they are at the cheaper end of the spectrum but are they reliable... I've always had a thing for single shot shotguns, and I do not yet own a shotgun, and was looking at a cheaper on to satisfy basic hunting requirements... I did like the feel of it as well..

Comments

• Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    There's always NEF single shot shotguns as well. I have a 12 gs Pardner it's ugly but it's solid.
  • Options
    crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    I was looking at a Rossi 12/.22 deal two barrels... fairy cheap

I just want to know if it will go bang when I pull the trigger, just want it for light shooting/hunting
  • Options
    jaymjaym Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got the .22/.410 combo for my son. It's not pretty, but it shoots straight and it goes bang every time. For the $100 I paid, it's a decent deal.
  • Options
    iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    If you put the NEF and the Rossi side by side, you will pick the NEF. NEF also has the barrel exchange program, and Rossi has been talking about it for years, but not yet. If you buy a NEF though, but a rifle. Then you can get the shotgun barrel added later. If you buy a shotgun, you can only add shotgun barrels to it.
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    My experience is that hey are very reliable. Simple design, not much to go wrong. Had a 12Ga of the same design for years, put many rounds through it. Kicked like a mule!
  • Options
    scubabobfscubabobf Member Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Rossi 233/20 and the 223 was slow twist and hence would no stabilize the 62 grain bullets. The scope mount screw holes were mistapped, possible metric. Therefore had to retap to a large screw size. Trigger is rough. It always goes bang. Have been disenchanted with the rifle and have not sorted out the accuracy of the 223. For me it would have been cheaper to get the NEF and I would have a better combo. Check your purchase carefully.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    I have one in 223 with some no-name scope on it. It looks like fido's read end but shoots better than some of my more expensive rifles. It will shoot cloverleafs at 100 yards. I did do a trigger job and a recrown on it.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    One thing about the Rossi is that it also has a manual safety on it....
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    single shots are fun... you can reload spire points in 30-30 or 357 for example....works keen
  • Options
    hissinggoosehissinggoose Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Decent guns for the money. The .410/.22 I bought for my son a few years ago would NOT eject the low-brass .410 shells. Had to carry around a wood dowel to punch 'em out of the chamber!
    Discovered it only liked high-brass loads. Never had a problem after we switched ammo.
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    goose,

My NEF in .223 was doin' the same thing.

I chucked a cleaning brush in a drill and went at it for a few minutes and haven't had a problem since.[;)]

BW