In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More on Moore's opinion of you......

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited June 2004 in General Discussion
Moore Criticism

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

By David Asman

Filmmaker Michael Moore (search) likes to portray himself as a common man, his uncommon riches notwithstanding. But he doesn't stand up for the collective wisdom of his fellow Americans when speaking in front of foreigners.

Mr. Moore told a Toronto audience last week: "Why would you want to be like us?" The American ethic, he said, is "every man for himself. Me me me me me."

When he was in England recently, Mr. Moore expanded on his unique brand of populism, saying of Americans, "They are possibly the dumbest people on the planet... in thrall to conniving, thieving smug [expletive]. We Americans suffer from an enforced ignorance. We don't know about anything that's happening outside our country. Our stupidity is embarrassing."

In an open letter to the German people in Die Zeit, Moore asked, ''Should such an ignorant people lead the world?"

While Europeans love this stuff, one might think its popular appeal would wane a bit back home. And yet, as David Brooks of The New York Times points out, this is the man for whom a Senate vote was delayed because so many members wanted to see his movie.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
bumpersticker.gif

Comments

• Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    So the nation that prides itself on self-made men begrudges Moore his "uncommon wealth."

I find it funny how wealth in the hands of Republicans (like Bush) is always the result of "good, honest work" while wealth in the hands of Democrats is always a point of order that they're "elitist, out-of-touch, and pampered."

Moore's a loudmouth, but there's a grain of truth in what he says.

After all, ANY nation that boosts the likes of Britney Spears to the top of the charts has got to have rocks in its head![;)]
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore. Bush, Moore.

For God's sake, it's not a comparison. The point is, Moore has a low opinion of Americans and this country. The post is about him, not Bush. Can't you let politics rest and comment on the post at hand? Monkey, I love ya' man, but your eat up with hatred for Bush.

This post, or the other two, had nothing to do with Bush.[;)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
    bumpersticker.gif
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:So the nation that prides itself on self-made men begrudges Moore his "uncommon wealth."

You missed the point. The thread has to do with his anit-American viewpoint and the fact that his viewpoint is baseless. You anti-American too? Is that why it went over you? It was quite obvious.

jpwolf.gifawcountdown_sm.gif

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    Well I don't see how we can compare apples to oranges.Bush is running for office Moore isn't.Moore is making money ,Bush has spent all are money.About the only thing they have in common is they have both taken money from Americans.Just pray that they don't team up and take all are money.

And this has come to pass,not to stay.