In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Founding Father Moment

zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
edited May 2005 in General Discussion
I thought you guys would like this!

A good read - thought provoking ... .

Founding Father Moment

DEAR GOD

Why didn't you save the school children at ?. . .

Moses Lake, Washington 2/2/96

Bethel, Alaska 2/19/97

Pearl, Mississippi 10/1/97

West Paducah, Kentucky 12/1/97

Stamps, Arkansas 12/15/97

Jonesboro, Arkansas 3/24/98

Edinboro, Pennsylvania 4/24/98

Fayetteville, Tennessee 5/19/98

Springfield, Oregon 5/21/98

Richmond, Virginia 6/15/98

Littleton, Colorado 4/20/99

Taber, Alberta, Canada 5/28/99

Conyers, Georgia 5/20/99

Deming, New Mexico 11/19/99

Fort Gibson, Oklahoma 12/6/99

Santee, California 3/5/01 and

El Cajon, California 3/22/01 ?

Sincerely,

Concerned Student

Reply:

Dear Concerned Student:

I am not allowed in schools.

Sincerely,

God

How did this get started?...

Let's see, I think it started when Madeline Murray O'Hare complained she
didn't want any prayer in our schools.

And we said, OK...

Then, someone said you better not read the Bible in school, the Bible
that says "thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your
neighbors as yourself,"

And we said, OK...

Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they
misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we
might damage their self-esteem.

And we said, an expert should know what he's talking about, so we
won't spank them anymore..

Then someone said teachers and principals better not discipline our
children when they misbehave. And the school administrators said no
faculty member in this school better touch a student when they
misbehave because we don't want any bad publicity, and we surely don't
want to be sued.

And we accepted their reasoning..

Then someone said, let's let our daughters have abortions if they
want,and they won't even have to tell their parents.

And we said, that's a grand idea..

Then some wise school board member said, since boys will be boys and
they're going to do it anyway, let's give our sons all the
condoms they want, so they can have all the fun they desire, and we
won't have to tell their parents they got them at school.

And we said, that's another great idea...

Then some of our top elected officials said it doesn't matter what we do
in private as long as we do our jobs

And we said, it doesn't matter what anybody, including the President,
does in private as long as we have jobs and the economy is good...

And someone else took that appreciation a step further and published
pictures of nude children and then stepped further still by making
them available on the Internet.

And we said, everyone's entitled to free speech....

And the entertainment industry said, let's make TV shows and movies
that promote profanity, violence and illicit sex... And let's record music
that encourages rape, drugs, murder, suicide, and satanic themes...

And we said, it's just entertainment and it has no adverse effect and
nobody takes it seriously anyway, so go right ahead...

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to
kill strangers, classmates or even themselves....

Undoubtedly, if we thought about it long and hard enough, we could
figure it out....... . "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW,"

(The above was sent to me by my precious daughter, Elizabeth. She has
three children who attend public schools. I was blessed to grow up in
Texas.Our school day began with a prayer. When I was in the 5th grade, I
had to write the following one hundred times in penmanship class:

FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOSOEVER SHOULD BELIEVE IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.
JOHN 3:16.

Benjamin Rush, one of the Signors of the Declaration of Independence said this: "MANKIND NEVER INVENTED A MORE EFFECTIVE METHOD OF REMOVING CHRISTIANITY FROM A NATION THAN BY REMOVING THE BIBLE AS A TEXTBOOK FROM THE CLASSROOM"
Remember, freedom isn't free! God bless you, and God please bless the
United States of America.

www.americaspatriots.org
623 594 8869

Comments

• Options
    ironjohn929ironjohn929 Member Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't it nice to know that the majority of America is raising their children this way and THEY will be the leaders of our nation in the future?

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference...The Marines don't have that problem" Ronald Reagan
  • Options
    furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen! And Amen! Couldn't have said that any better! I may have to save this for future use.

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I don't think the Christian Bible has a monopoly on the "thou shalt not kill, thou shall not steal, etc,..." lesson. Most other mainstream "heathen" religions advocate the same respect for self and others.
    So, what to do? Do we read solely from the Bible, as the authority on morals, or do we also read from the Koran, the Torah,and mumerous other religious texts?
    America is a different place than it was 40 years ago. My childhood neighborhood, which then consisted of Polish and Italian Catholics, now consists of Catholics, Protestans, Native Americans, and a Siek Muslim family.
    Roll with the changes...

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    I don't think the Christian Bible has a monopoly on the "thou shalt not kill, thou shall not steal, etc,..." lesson. Most other mainstream "heathen" religions advocate the same respect for self and others.
    So, what to do? Do we read solely from the Bible, as the authority on morals, or do we also read from the Koran, the Torah,and mumerous other religious texts?
    America is a different place than it was 40 years ago. My childhood neighborhood, which then consisted of Polish and Italian Catholics, now consists of Catholics, Protestans, Native Americans, and a Siek Muslim family.
    Roll with the changes...

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King

Have you read the Koran lately? There is nothing about "peace and love" in it. Roll with the changes??! Some change is good, but not all.

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    NO, I haven't read my Koran lately, I'm not a Muslim, I am a pagan. Howevever, that does not mean that I discredit the religious beliefs of anyone, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Wicca,...
    If it brings you to an understanding of something greater than yourself, it's a good thing...

• Options
    edited November -1
    NO, I haven't read my Koran lately, I'm not a Muslim, I am a pagan. Howevever, that does not mean that I discredit the religious beliefs of anyone, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Wicca,...
    If it brings you to an understanding of something greater than yourself, it's a good thing...

Then why try to be an expert on something of which you know nothing about? Jesus said "No one cometh to the Father, but by ME." Jn 14:6 There is no other way to heaven. True understanding comes only from the God of the bible, Pr 2:6 "For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding."
    The Koran teaches to kill the infidel. That is anyone who is not muslim, including pagans. It also says that women will not enter paradise. Hindus have so many gods it is confusing, even to them, I think. Over 400 I believe. Which ones get you to heaven? Buddah is a reincarnation of Confucious I think. But none of these offer a sure fire way to heaven. Jesus came to "save that which was lost." Mt 18:11. All of us are lost. [:)]

Sorry Zipperzap, there was a soapbox here begging me to get on. Your post was excellent!

• Options
    edited November -1
    I never claimed to be an expert on anything. I've seen enough of what the world has to offer to realize how incredibly oblivious I am. That is exactly the problem, too many people who believe that THEY are the experts, and everyone else is full of BS. I'm glad for anyone who has found spirituality, so long as it doesn't preach exclucivity. Nobody is that perfect that they can look at a neighbor and say, "Tough luck, chum. God may love you, but you're out of luck because you don't espouse Faith X".
    I visited a Sikh Muslim "temple" in Toronto once. I was struck by a woman and her child who were curled up on the floor snoozing, meditating, I didn't disturb her to ask what she was doing for fear of breaking the beauty of the scene.
    All I could think was, this is what it's all about, and so often isn't.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I never claimed to be an expert on anything. I've seen enough of what the world has to offer to realize how incredibly oblivious I am. That is exactly the problem, too many people who believe that THEY are the experts, and everyone else is full of BS. I'm glad for anyone who has found spirituality, so long as it doesn't preach exclucivity. Nobody is that perfect that they can look at a neighbor and say, "Tough luck, chum. God may love you, but you're out of luck because you don't espouse Faith X".
    I visited a Sikh Muslim "temple" in Toronto once. I was struck by a woman and her child who were curled up on the floor snoozing, meditating, I didn't disturb her to ask what she was doing for fear of breaking the beauty of the scene.
    All I could think was, this is what it's all about, and so often isn't.

True. I too am no expert. But I know Who is. And I don't really think people of other faiths are full of BS, just misguided. Jesus Himself preached exclusitivity. He said "no one cometh to the Father but by Me." John 14:6 That's pretty exclusive. Jesus was not affraid to tell the Truth, and neither am I. He called the Pharisees and Saducees a den of vipers and hypocrites. Obviously saying that they were missing the one key element to it all, Him. Many Jews, to this day, still don't accept the Messiah. This is a problem for their eternal security. I am trying not to use offensive language here. We, as Christians, are called to "make deciples of all nations". And, as God wishes that none should perish, neither do those who want to be molded toward the image of Christ. Your friend...[:)]

• Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    zipperzap
    That was a good post, thanks.Its funny how some people can read it and claim were doing allright, and others read it and think there is more then one way to get to heaven.

Psalm 109:8