In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bush call for ban on Gay Marrige

TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Bush just came on TV. He is calling for an admenment for a ban on Gay Marrige.
This could get intersting.
TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.

Comments

• SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad he finally got the gumption to announce his opposition - hope this goes through.

To whom much is given, much is expected.
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    Well I'll be!! Bush is finally showing some testicular fortitude!

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There goes the vote from them.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I think a lot of them will support him for it. After, gays aren't necessarily stupid.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From a purely political viewpoint, this stand can only benefit the President. A large majority of people in the country are opposed to this and few of those who favor it would vote for him anyway. While there are conservatives in that segment of society, the number is miniscule . . . and those are the only votes he risks losing. Simultaneously he reinforces his right flank and positions himself as the alternative to kerry on an emotional issue which plays well with independents . . . watch and see how much play kerry's ties to kennedy and massholia receive . . . especially with the convention in boston. Can you say "Willie Horton?" [:D][:D][:D][:D] I'm not wildly enthusiastic about Mr. Bush, but he's light years ahead of kerry. The Dems better hope Edwards gets the nod; kerry has lots of baggage and once (if) he becomes the de facto candidate, the RNC will kick it over on him.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    I just spent a few days out in the woods away from it all and missed the news, etc. This must mean that all of the serious problems like Iraq, the economy, the deficit, our immigration crisis, education issues, the environment, must have been solved.