In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

On the Auction Side

TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
Not mine, but that there is a gun...I've always liked 45 Colt...

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=410799163

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    LOOK AT THAT BUTT ON THAT GAL!!![:p][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Recently I have been getting offers to deal on things outside of GunBroker.
    Don't these members know that it is against GunBroker's "Terms of Service" to deal on
    items listed for auction outside of the site?
    Some have come from "Newbies" others have come from seasoned Buyers/Sellers.

My typical response to them is:

The bottom line is what it is listed for.
    We do not deal on items listed for auction outside of GunBroker.
    It is against GunBroker's "Terms of Service".
    If you are truly interested in purchasing the item, you will bid on it.

I get quite a few nasty replies to that.
    I did have one "Newbie" email me back an say he was sorry he did not know that.
    He bid on it and won. Was real happy when he got it.
    How many of you have been running into this recently?
    I also wonder if I should report these persons to "Support"?
    As sellers they should know it is wrong.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How does it work for GB to get the fees if a dealer has a listing and says trades excepted...Say they have a item for 1000.00 but will take a trade on it..am i over thinking?

like this
    Mk14 M1A EBR Sage SEI Magpul M39 Trades Welcome
    Free 200 Rds if Buy Now. Extremely Rare!
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been emailed by sellers on one or two occasions over 10 years. Nothing specific, but suggestions that I could order direct for like items from them.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All the time, usually someone trying to get a deal on something they don't think I know the actual value of.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    all the time..sigh[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    I have been emailed by sellers on one or two occasions over 10 years. Nothing specific, but suggestions that I could order direct for like items from them.

In the past month I have received more offers to deal, then the last 10 years on the site.
    It is always what is the bottom line I will take for it.
    One the other day was like let me know and I will send you a check and you can forego GB fees.
    Crazy thing is these people us GunBroker's messaging system.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've already had 5 offers to buy this Colt, and one was at $1800. I tell them no thanks, I'll let it run its course.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=497263980
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody making side deal offers, please open a support issue and let us know. Thieves piss me off....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will do that.
    Will get their user names and list them in the support issue.

I knew CaptFun would have some input.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On almost every gun I listed, I was asked to make a side deal. NO way. Captain has been to good to me and my wife and besides, I am not into screwing other people for a few bucks. When a dealer tells me I can buy directly from them and cut out GunBroker, I just tell them politely that, I like the added security and protection that GunBroker has to offer[;)] One guy actually got pissed when I said that to him. Too bad, I like being able to shop for any gun I want on here and have that protection, then have to deal with another site or someone directly that will end up screwing me. Oakie.

PS Captainfun, I think most of us here respect your business and wouldn't want to jeopardize not only being able to buy from GunBroker, But also jeopardize our great relationship with you as a friend. Just my thoughts. Oakie
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    C+P the email and send it to support.

OR THE CAPT'N [;)]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    On almost every gun I listed, I was asked to make a side deal. NO way. Captain has been to good to me and my wife and besides, I am not into screwing other people for a few bucks. When a dealer tells me I can buy directly from them and cut out GunBroker, I just tell them politely that, I like the added security and protection that GunBroker has to offer[;)] One guy actually got pissed when I said that to him. Too bad, I like being able to shop for any gun I want on here and have that protection, then have to deal with another site or someone directly that will end up screwing me. Oakie.

PS Captainfun, I think most of us here respect your business and wouldn't want to jeopardize not only being able to buy from GunBroker, But also jeopardize our great relationship with you as a friend. Just my thoughts. Oakie

Hear, hear! I got an email from a guy who was selling AR parts when I was assembling my last one. Wanted me to know I could buy other stuff direct and save.

My email back was 'now that I know you will act dishonestly toward GB, why in Hell would you think I would trust you to be honest with ME?'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Support Issue started under "Policies and Rules".
    Long read[:D] But I did also send a follow up email so it is easier to read.
    These 4 are the most recent ones.
    Three of them are quite blatant "off GB"[:0]
    If I went through my emails over the past couple of months I could find plenty more.
    I have started a file on my email "Wanting to deal off GB". That way I can keep a list of
    these guys.

Enjoy CaptFun[:D]