In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lessons for a Cub Scout

scutascuta Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Michael is just finishing up with the Cub Scout program, getting his Arrow of Light next month, and is raring to get into "The Scouts" as he puts it. One of the last requirements he had to fill was to learn how to fold the Flag, his great grandfather offered to teach him, I was thrilled. We spent the evening with great grandpa and great grandma hearing history relived, from how they met to his experiences on Normandy Beach. Quite an emotional night for all of us. The last thing we did was have Great Grandpa teach him how to fold the flag, the first picture is of Greatgrandpa helping him fold it and the last picture is the final product. Can't even begin to tell you how full my heart is tonight.

mikeandgrandpa.JPG

finished-folding.JPG

If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comments

• FatWoodDogFatWoodDog Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    scuta, you SHOULD be proud, and Congratulations!!

I hope he is able to continue on through Boy Scouts -- I made First Class; and then Scout night and basketball games were on the same nights, so I dropped out of Scouting.

FatWoodDog

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice, Doggie..." until you find a Rock!!
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SCUTA,You couldn't have found a better teacher!
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Semper Fi Always faithful Cub scouts/Boy Scouts Grand Pa

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Too cool!!

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    scuta, looks like a great night for your family! I'm sure your all very proud. FatWoodDog makes a good point in his post. Once your boy does get into the Scouts encourage and help him in every way you can early on. Once he gets into high school, sports and girls and all that other stuff will likely take up time and cause distractions. My 2 brothers and I all made Eagle, but had to really scramble for it before 18. And having that on your record goes a long way when it comes to college, scholarships, jobs, etc. Sure has helped me out -- even with getting picked up for OCS.
  • scutascuta Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Scouting has always been a part of my life, I am an Eagle Scout also, as are 4 of my 5 brothers, not to mention my dad and his brother... Michaels older brother is working on his 1st Class rank right now, and is a mentor(whether he likes it or not) to Michael. I have my fingers crossed for 2 more Morris Eagles...

Can't seem to get this damn smile off of my face, [:D]

If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds great! Congrats to all of you. What a great organization the Scouts is. I keep meaning to find a troop in my area to help out with. Hopefully I'll be blessed with a boy one day that can benefit from Scouts as well.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep smiling, you have good reason, and it does not hurt.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    that is some pride i see be sure to keep those pics,congrats[:)]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI