In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shipping Long Gun Advice

toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I'm thinking of putting a rifle up for auction on GB. My question is, if you don't have the original box and can't get hold of a rifle box to ship one in, then whats the next best thing? I'm wanting to get my ducks in a row before I start the auction so everything goes smoothly for a buyer. I also want to protect the gun so it arrives in one piece. Thanks for the help.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif

Comments

• 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    I WOULD GO TO A GUNSHOP.THE ONE I USED TO WORK AT WE WOULD HAVE TONS OF EXTRA RIFLE BOXES WITH STYRAFOAM.GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SALE!!!![:)]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Appreciate it 0311 marine. I noticed that it said to ship USPS that the box could'nt say firearm on it. Do you just tape over everything?

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    YOU COULD POSSIBLY DO THAT.IN OUR SHOP WE WOULD RECEIVE OUR GUNS IN A PLAIN BOX WITH THE RIFLE AND BOX INSIDE.WE ALWAYS HAD A TON OF THOSE LAYING AROUND TOO.IF YA COULD GET YOUR HANDS ON 1 OF THEM ALSO AND PUT THE RIFLE BOX INSIDE.THAT WOULD BE MY BEST BET.ALSO UPS SELLS THE BOXES TOO.JUST GO DOWN TO A UPS STORE. I HOPE I COULD HELP.

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI